D's Airbrushed Helmet

Paint jobs and moulding on chopper tanks, frames and helmets. Paintings & sketches that express show the many aspects of owning and riding a chopper... Also sculpture... Max size 550 wide, 60,000bytes please... and remember we're G rated...
Big D

D's Airbrushed Helmet

Post by Big D » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:18 pm

ok , i know i already posted a pic of this helmet , but i didnt want to be hijacking someone elses thread, so im starting this for myself.
1st pic is of old helmet i did some practice work on ....
pics to be added later of other works + my GSX chop when its done.
(note - this helmet was old and chipped and in bad nic b4 i painted it , and has been dropped and mistreated somewhat since )

Chainblock Dave

Post by Chainblock Dave » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:05 pm

Nice :twisted:
Dave

Big D

Post by Big D » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:28 pm

thnx Dave, it came out ok for my first tight curved surface job ( not as easy as it sounds ), i should also add that this job wasn't based around the quality of the art,( as the helmet was just an old piece of junk i had lying around with the silver compliance sticker long since removed, many paintjob colours prior ), was more of a test of the compatability between my airbrush paints , the clear coating and the fibreglass ( or undercoating of the original paint ).
i'm not a painter, and by no means an expert, im just a hobby artist that taught myself how to airbrush , the hard way.
i have done a few paying jobs, but i didnt really get into it to sell it out , was more out of a lack of funds to be able to afford the expert jobs, of which there wasnt many to choose from ( one or two in my area at the time )

Return to “Biker Art...”