Miraculous Mutha

Paint jobs and moulding on chopper tanks, frames and helmets. Paintings & sketches that express show the many aspects of owning and riding a chopper... Also sculpture... Max size 550 wide, 60,000bytes please... and remember we're G rated...
Tex

Miraculous Mutha

Post by Tex » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:07 am

Other "Old Geezers", like me, may remember Miraculous Mutha from the original Easyrider Magazine. She had a great turn of phrase & a great sense of the ridiculous.

Here's a link to the Artist who created her & some of his work.

http://www.sexsavagesonwheels.com/2009/03/trash.html

And some of his bike drawings

http://halrobinsondesigns.com/bikes/bikes_1.html
_______
Tex

KeithinSB

Post by KeithinSB » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:17 am

way cool!!
Ride it like you can fix it.

BobbaZooki

Post by BobbaZooki » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:32 pm

You really need a magnifining glass to really apreciate Hal Robinsons work, his ink and pencil drawing are exceptional in detail and scale and his method of "storytelly" is paralell with Sergio Aragone's from Mad magazine , and both used no colour .

XSChop

Eric & Douglas

Post by XSChop » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:45 am

Nah I wanna see more of Eric & Douglas !
Haven't been able to find Anything much about them Anywhere these days. Just this one.

IMHO Doll was easily a contender for Mutha's infamy !

In fact what I want to see is someone in a bear suit as Li'll Johnny passenger .... !!!
It's not about the Bling /:~)>
Well maybe a bit !

Tex

Post by Tex » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:05 am

Mmmmmm

I could scan a few pages of 'Miraculous Mutha Tells All", and post them here.......... BUT ....

Me fears that the censor would strike very quickly!! :D :D :D

"pineapple, bushy end first"

______
Tex

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:54 pm

Great work Tex. I really hung out to read stories by a writer called Rabbit. Keith Ball said he remembered Rabbit but didn't know what happened to him.
I used to know a guy called Ian Weird, a kiwi who rode a chopped Sporty. He collected all the old Easyriders from years ago. I wonder if he's still around?
I'm also reminded of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers. There was Freewheelin Franklin, Phineas Frog and a couple more.
The good ole days.....
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

www.independentparts.com.au

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:38 am

Tex, do you have the issue where a fully attired Red Rider is trying to start his chopper and ends up in his undies flat on his back! I reckon that was a classic and so true... anyone of us riding in the early 70's would relate to it...

Would like to see that cartoon strip (sorry about the pun) again.

I only bught a couple of EasyRiders, as the choppers in it I thought were pretty mediocre and most of it was non chopper... though did really like the Dave mann paintings. On my pay at the time as a student I could only afford two mags a month, so I went for Big Bike, Choppers and Street Chopper although the latter got a bit annoying with all the AEE stuff being pushed, but the pages were all choppers...
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Tex

Post by Tex » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:41 am

Ol Fart said: " I really hung out to read stories by a writer called Rabbit."

Good memory, Ollie.! Rabbit was Larry Cole. He inspired me to write a couple of stories. One day, if I get time, I may send them to Prof for Chops 'n' Bobbers. One of his best stories was "Death of a Chopper". Written over 35 years ago, it was an accurate, futuristic view of where we now are!!! This is the foreword of the story.

" The themes of education, coordination and celebration come together in the cautionary tale “Death of a Chopper.” Set in the future when government legislates every aspect of its citizens’ lives and where motorcycles are outlawed because they are too dangerous, Rebel takes one last ride and experiences a freedom which others have given up. The reason the government was able to act unilaterally to deny bikers their freedom was because motorcyclists had refused to act as one. “We should have backed those people like ABATE, long before we did,” Rebel muses to himself. “We should have been united then. Standing asshole deep in unity on the front steps of every &*%%@’ state building that housed a bill that restricted us from our cause.” His last act of defiance is to give the finger to the police just before he crashes into a roadblock. "

HOW TRUE IT IS !

If you've got a spare 30 minutes, read this:-

http://webs.morningside.edu/masscomm/Dr ... pter7.html

Or .... a spare couple of hours, read this:-

http://webs.morningside.edu/masscomm/dr ... earch.html

Hal Robinson also had a Comic Book called "Trash", which was sold thru' Easyriders Mag. I ordered a copy (about 1976), but it never arrived. I think that the Joe Bjelke-Petersen Censor got to it before me! :evil:

______
Tex

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:46 pm

Tex, Mate I remember "death of a chopper" very well. In fact I flash back to it whenver I watch a "Dead Planet kind of movie like Terminator etc.

There was a passage that went something like

"a kid in a station wagon staring at me through the window as I went past, gave me the peace sign, right on kid"

Oh the memories.........
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:12 pm

Thanks for links Tex. I have added them to our Links webpage under motorcycle history.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:14 pm

Thanks Tex.
I googled Larry Cole, came up with the same links you posted but nothing more. I will contact Keith Ball again and ask him to dig deeper. He is now a contributor to Heavy Duty. (Keith Ball operated Easyrider Magazine in the early days, hardly an accurate description of his career but none the less, an Icon of the contemporary biker world). I had quite a collection of Easyriders myself but lost them in the Ash Wednesday fires in 1987.
Rabbits (Larry Cole) contribution to Easyrider magazine was also an on again, off again dialogue with being incarcerated. Now as I write this, it might well have been the character Rabbit that LC was writing about and not Rabbit the author.

The magazine had a section at the back called Male Call. This was a list of bikers in prison that wanted to have, for want of another description, pen-pals, on the outside.
I was 21-ish at the time and started a pen-pal dialogue with a lifer in Oklahoma called Mike “Trash” Justus. We wrote many letters to each other over about a 5 year period. The prison he was in, in Oklahoma, had a bike club within the prison system called “The Bros”. I had many photos and memorabilia from those days, things that they made in prison, Indian jewellery and badges etc. I was made an honorary member of “The Bros” and even had a certificate or document of some sort that was produced within the prison. Sadly all this was lost in the Ash Wednesday fires.
Prior to my first trip to the USA in 2003, I tried to contact “Trash” from within the system but had no luck. I recently did manage to determine that he was still a part of the Oklahoma Prison System, but I was unsuccessful when I made enquiries as to his whereabouts, either within the prison system or outside it. Reading this back to myself, this might look a bit suspicious, but in those days there was no email or faxes, just plain old letter writing and to write to brothers in a far off country was a fairly exotic and righteous thing to do. Now it would probably be considered slightly disturbing.

If anyone on this thread has a copy of "Death of a Chopper". I would be very privileged to receive and read it again.
750/4 Sonic chopper.

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:58 pm

Tex,
I just spent a good hour going through the links. Very excellent reading and In the first link, I saw a reference to a couple of J.J.Solari stories that are entirely memorable as well.
“The Telethon” was totally loony and there was bizarre cartoons to go with it as well. A bike gang takes over the local TV station to direct a telethon to raise money to prevent death. I think they actually killed a monkey, live on TV so the viewers could understand what they were required to send in money for. I wonder where all these writers are now and why are they so hard to find on Google and such. Are they dead and forgotten or are they laying around in nursing homes, dribbling into pisspots. Or are they a part of some esteemed hall of fame somewhere in the dusty bars where old bikers go to retire and await liver transplants.
750/4 Sonic chopper.

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:14 pm

Having said that, I googled j.j. solari and was way less than impressed.
No wonder no one reads his blog.
750/4 Sonic chopper.

Tex

Post by Tex » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:35 pm

Good on yer, Ollie. :D Sure hope that you can track your man down one day. I love your use of the word "righteous". It was a word often used in those days, with great meaning & significance.

Yes, I remember "Male Call" very well. Some great "turn of phrase" there!! "I'm a man livin' in the pit of Hell, lookin' for a goddess from Heaven." "Relieve my mind from the burden of time". "In jail, no bail, no tail, need mail."

There was also a section called "A Tribute To Brothers Lost." "In memory of Nutzy, a hell of a biker who rode hard & died fast."

Like the film of a similar name, Easyriders Magazine changed the lives of many and gave a voice to those who saw motorcycling as a way of life. As the article states:-

An editorial staff composed of experienced cyclists saw the magazine as a chance to reach all bikers, not just the “dirty fingernail types,” and to address the issue of motorcycling as a way of life rather than just transportation: “A big part of it is the simple thumbing of your nose at established society. A bike, a chopper, is just about the ultimate in ‘look at me — I’m different and I’m proud of it.’”

There were so many "must read" sections. Wordmonger at the front, with it's Editor's responses. In The Wind photos. Dave Mann Centrefold. And those mentioned above.

The "Leg Wetting" First Edition is now priceless.

______
Tex

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 pm

I remember buying the first edition of Easyriders off the newsstand at a news agent in Garden City in Brisbane. Me and brother Pauly had spent at least a week on the p15s and as the tradition called for, had our rottens on and the patrons of that agency were suitably impressed with the smell of vomit and urine that our colours must surely have rendered forth.
I also had the first edition of OzBike and contibuted once or twice to the letters column of that magazine.
A small history of a social underground exists in the recently unlocked memory banks here Tex.
Thanks for facilitating the process mate.
750/4 Sonic chopper.

Return to “Biker Art...”