New Graffix

Paint jobs and moulding on chopper tanks, frames and helmets. Paintings & sketches that express show the many aspects of owning and riding a chopper... Also sculpture... Max size 550 wide, 60,000bytes please... and remember we're G rated...
Aussiehard

New Graffix

Post by Aussiehard » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:09 am

Some stuff I've been messing with.

Aussiehard

Re: New Graffix

Post by Aussiehard » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:15 am

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:05 am

I like that last one.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Aussiehard

Post by Aussiehard » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:20 am

I want to engrave that on a brass gas cap…..

Aussiehard

Post by Aussiehard » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:22 am

Older Stuff inspired by this great site.

Aussiehard

Post by Aussiehard » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:29 pm

Hippy Chop

dg6oo2

Post by dg6oo2 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:57 pm

Your a very artistic bastard excellent pictures mate, i love the shed built ones specially the choppers australia one (hippy chop) will these appear on t shirts n such or are you just teasing.
friends welcome family by appiontment only.

Aussiehard

Post by Aussiehard » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:04 pm

dg6oo2 wrote:Your a very artistic bastard excellent pictures mate, i love the shed built ones specially the choppers australia one (hippy chop) will these appear on t shirts n such or are you just teasing.

Thanks,
The Hippy Chop picture was drawn off one of the sketches in Profs thread. I was going for a 70's flavour. Not something I would personally wear but I wasn't wearing them in the 70's either, just nappies lol. Winged piston & hand with spanner is more me personally. Wide audience varied tastes.

Don't have the funds to do any shirts myself at this time. I did want to make some and sell them to raise funds for Mental Illness and Male depression…….Maybe one day.

As for C.A. well that's up to "the powers that be" if they want to pick up on any of the designs. I don't know if members can run their own merch lines even if I had the money to do it, doubt it. Although I do know other forums where some bright spark does a small run of, shirts, patches, pins etc and they just post a thread for it sells them to members. Then someone else will come up with another idea and sell that. The Cafe racer & Ton Up guys are like that. It's just about getting the name out there and fellowship.

Run a voting thread on a design and poll it, or just take pre-purchase orders and if & when they hit the number do the run. Easy way to decide if some thing is popular amongst the community.

If you want to take the initiative ask Prof his position.

ol_750

Post by ol_750 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:35 am

Aussiehard wrote:
dg6oo2 wrote:Your a very artistic bastard excellent pictures mate, i love the shed built ones specially the choppers australia one (hippy chop) will these appear on t shirts n such or are you just teasing.

Thanks,
The Hippy Chop picture was drawn off one of the sketches in Profs thread. I was going for a 70's flavour. Not something I would personally wear but I wasn't wearing them in the 70's either, just nappies lol. Winged piston & hand with spanner is more me personally. Wide audience varied tastes.

Don't have the funds to do any shirts myself at this time. I did want to make some and sell them to raise funds for Mental Illness and Male depression…….Maybe one day.

As for C.A. well that's up to "the powers that be" if they want to pick up on any of the designs. I don't know if members can run their own merch lines even if I had the money to do it, doubt it. Although I do know other forums where some bright spark does a small run of, shirts, patches, pins etc and they just post a thread for it sells them to members. Then someone else will come up with another idea and sell that. The Cafe racer & Ton Up guys are like that. It's just about getting the name out there and fellowship.

Run a voting thread on a design and poll it, or just take pre-purchase orders and if & when they hit the number do the run. Easy way to decide if some thing is popular amongst the community.

If you want to take the initiative ask Prof his position.
:roll: A shirt for forum memembers as opposed to fully paid CA members is on the "to do" list along with a heap of other stuff.
Ride Hard Live Free
Twisties seperate the men from the boys
FarRider 413 "IT'S JUST A ROAD"
2 x XJ750RL , 4 x XJ900 , XS650 , XV1000 TR1,VN1500 Classic.

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:50 pm

For CA graphics, I have avoided the maltese and skull motifs and blacks and silvers because everyone usess them and because there was a very large section of the chopper/biker community in the 70's that did not go for that stuff. Look at 70's phoptos and you will see lots of bright coloured clothing, logos etc. I have tried to bring a focus on the bright aspect of the era. Often not doing what everyone else does enables you to stand our from the rest.

But I would like to see a whole lot of shirts available promoting CA available to the general public.The hippy graphics I think is spot on expecially if the whole name of CA could be incorporated. A series of shirts using different make choppers in this style would be great... Ive actually wanted to do it for the website from the beginning as a way of making some money for the website (sepaerate to CA club) and if you could do some I would want to pay you for the designs.

I would also be very happy to see the white shirt you have done and the two graphics directly above it printed up and sold for CA. For the general public could the shirt have the "choppers Australia" above the graphics made a lot smaller and within another banner and the "Shed built" banner be modified to " the home of shed built choppers". The hippy graphic could go on the front.

If we could get a shirt like this printed as a starting point, I would be keen for Aussie hard to get a royalty on shirts sold. We probably have sufficient money to get an intial run done. Selling to public should mean we could put on enough markup to finance further and larger runs if sales work.

We could upgrade the website merchandise page to advertise the shirts for sale... and have something on home page as well.

Comments?

If states wanted to raise some money to support CA events, they could perhaps also commission Aussiehard to do the art work.

That would raise a couple of issues re checks on designs and finances which always means time and paperwork, but is something to be discussed by members.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:51 pm

I like this on, be good to have a few to just wear & members shirt for runs

Aussiehard

Post by Aussiehard » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:21 pm

Cut It Up - Razor Tee……….

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:06 am

Dude, i like the animai'd skull and cross bones, could see my cute little asian girl friend in one of those......
Does not work or play well with others
Loud pipes save lives
"These are not the Droids you're looking for"

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:32 pm

Bacca wrote:I like this on, be good to have a few to just wear & members shirt for runs

I'm with you, Bacca. Love that design. Didn't we have a thread regarding the use of the upper and lower "banners" a while ago? :lol:
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Scouser

Post by Scouser » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:59 am

Yeah I would wear the above one.
I also like the Shed Built one in the oval style.
Scouser

Return to “Biker Art...”