New painter on the block

Paint jobs and moulding on chopper tanks, frames and helmets. Paintings & sketches that express show the many aspects of owning and riding a chopper... Also sculpture... Max size 550 wide, 60,000bytes please... and remember we're G rated...
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

New painter on the block

Post by Prof » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:32 pm

Peter one of our SA members has recently bought an air brush and tried his hand on his Suzuki Intruder. Bike was just a straight blue before. For a first try I think it is pretty impressive.

The Intruder is now for sale and he is looking for an evo to do a new paint job on!
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

neale

Re: New painter on the block

Post by neale » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:43 am

Pretty damn good for a first time!
Neale
'85 XV1000 with some mods, getting there
'86 XT600Z, going under the knife ASAP

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:13 pm

Awesome for a newbie, can only get better. Well done Peter.
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Stray

Post by Stray » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:29 am

I agree! Not too shabby for a beginner.

Get some more freehand practice and yo will have results that dont appear as stencil like.

If you need any tips or wanna know of a couple paint forums, just drop me a message bud.
every man needs a shed, to put his stuff and clear his head and work out what the hell she said.

Youngblood

Post by Youngblood » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:12 am

Thanks for your positive comments guys, they are appreciated. :D
Youngblood

Youngblood

Post by Youngblood » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:39 pm

If you need any tips or wanna know of a couple paint forums, just drop me a message bud.
PM sent
Youngblood

Stray

Post by Stray » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:24 am

hey matey, just replied!

Here is the pic i mention in the message. It is a rocker cover for a holden V8 that i did when i was just teaching myself how to paint. I stripped it back to metal, then primed and based it in black before marbling woth metallic silver. The skulls are more realistic than stylised, but the same principles can be applied to the buildup of the stenciled ones. The shading and highlight areas give depth and detail, making the finished product much more appealing in the end. These ones i actually drew on paper and cut out the same way you would use store-bought stencils, and from looking at real skull pics online i got the shading details. They were painted just using a white base, with transparent black to gradually build up the tones. Then the whole thing was coated in a couple of layers of candy yellow, and another couple layers of a candy yellow/orange mix, then cleared.

Anyhow, keep up the practice bud!

every man needs a shed, to put his stuff and clear his head and work out what the hell she said.

Youngblood

Post by Youngblood » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:37 pm

Great Job, wish I was up to that level already. Will keep the pictures for references. 8) 8) 8)
Youngblood

Return to “Biker Art...”