Bike clubs invited to air show in NSW

Know of any Runs, Show & Shines, Swapmeets etc. Ad them here. Include contact details, links etc. Hotrod events welcome also
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Bike clubs invited to air show in NSW

Post by Prof » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:02 am

Professor Michael Hough AM
Coordinator, Wings Over Illawarra
P.O. Box 439
FAIRY MEADOW NSW 2519
A FINAL INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN THE
“WINGS OVER ILLAWARRA 12 AIR SHOW ON SUNDAY 06 MAY 2012
(Insert name of club)

Dear Secretary,
I am writing to thank your Bike Club and Club members for the strong participation and support we enjoyed for Wings Over Illawarra (WOI) 11 Air Show- and we re-extend the invitation to your Club to attend WOI 12 WHICH WILL BE HELD ON SUNDAY 06th MAY 2012.
Detailed planning is well under way for the WOI 12 Air Show, and it is hoped that you have already agreed to make this an approved event on your 2012 Club calendar so that vehicles on conditional registration can attend. Please note the following requirements:-
1) THE RV AND ARRIVAL DETAILS ARE THE SAME AS FOR WOI 11 I.E. CLUBS ARE ASKED TO ORGANISE THEIR OWN RV NEARBY TO THE AIRFIELD AND THEN ENTER IN A CONVOY THROUGH THE NORTHERN (SYDNEY) ENTRANCE AT THE TRAFFIC LIGHTS, AND THEN RIDE THROUGH THE AIRPORT LOOP ROAD SYSTEM INTO THE AIRPORT
2) SELECTED CLUBS AND BIKES WILL BE INVITED TO DISPLAY THEIR BIKES RUNNING AT LOW SPEED IN THE BIKE ARENA PROVIDED. PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP IF YOU WANT TO DISPLAY SELECTED CLUB BIKES IN THIS WAY
Your Club is also invited to bring advertising and display materials to promote membership and interest in your Club from the visiting public, and to display them near your Club vehicles.
We are now maintaining an active website:- www.woi.org.au which we will use to update the planning and details of each Open Day.
THE WEBSITE WILL ENABLE YOU TO CJECK THE LOCATION AND MAPS CONCERNING ARRIVAL TO THE AIRPORT AND YOUR BIKE DISPLAY AREAS, AND YOU SHOULD CHECK THE WEBSITE FOR THE DONLOADABLE MAP AND ARRIVAL INSTRUCTIONS
As the event coordinator, I would really appreciate feedback as to whether your Club has decided to support WOI 12 on 06 MAY 2012, and if not yet done, would request advice on your Club’s intentions. I can be contacted by:-
e-mail:- mhough5@gmail.com or Phone:- 0418 424748
Thank you for considering this request to support WOI 12 on SUNDAY 06 MAY 2012
Yours Sincerely
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Bacca

Re: Bike clubs invited to air show in NSW

Post by Bacca » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:50 am

That would be good but don't think I would be able to make it.
About 940k from here going through Shep instead of Melbourne (about 100k longer)
800 from Melbourne city, about 1300 from Willunga

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:49 pm

Just reread it & see it is this Sunday, why was I thinking April??? :oops:

Neo Dutch

Post by Neo Dutch » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:36 pm

Ummmm, because it's in May.
Don't let your luggage define your travels.

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:48 am

Usually a great event this one.....shame its only a 1 day event.

if your into planes, these blokes have it all, Catalina's, DC3's, the Constellation, migs, and so much more......well worth the effort.
additionally these guys are linked up with the Temora crew (closer for Vic visitors) so if you see the Temora fly in, head to that too.

Car park and bike display area usually ring the bell too.
Does not work or play well with others
Loud pipes save lives
"These are not the Droids you're looking for"

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:54 pm

Nice to hear some positive biker news.
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Return to “Biker and Hotrod events around Australia”