Easy Rider...

Keep pics max of 550 wide and max of 60kb...
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Easy Rider...

Post by Prof » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:49 pm

Bought this poster in 1970...

Part of a current DVD cover...
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Skip
Interests: My beautiful wife...our dogs..shooting..motor bikes..Aussie Rules..tattoos

Memories

Post by Skip » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:33 pm

Everytime I watch it I still hate the ending!!!!!
Catch 'ya Skip
Decide..go for it..stuff 'em

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:22 pm

Yep. I agree. Was typical of movies at that time. Happy endings were out and sudden cut offs that left you hanging were in. Did you know the bikes front end wasn't supposed to fall off. A charge under the tanks was suppposed to blow it up, but failed to ignite and they prefered the bike falling to pieces ending... but very disappointing... I'll stick with riding into the sunset any day!
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

BobbaZooki

Post by BobbaZooki » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:53 am

here's some interesting trivia , for those of us who may or may not know about the movie Easyrider .Sonny Barger has said that Easyrider is not a biker movie ..... the film was written by both Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper and Terry Southern, but directed by Dennis Hopper , ledgend has it that the total budget was $30.000.00 to produce ,they did not use a full script but made it up as they went along , did'nt use any professionals ONLY hippy's and friends and passerby's they pickup along the way as they crossed the country . there where 4 bike's ( 1 was burned and the other 3 were STOLEN before the end of prodution) which were bought from the LA police department sale and designed and built by African american Ben Hardy, who Peter had met and built his bike in the 1966 movie The Wild Angels . Peter Fondas kid's Bridget and Justin play hippy kid's. music producer Phil Spector played the "drug dealer" and Toni Basil (oh mickey your so fine , your so find you blow my mind , hey mickey) played a hooker . all the drug taking in the movie is REAL , that's because Dennis Hopper was , he was off his tit during the whole production and would constantly scream and rant to the crew that they actually recorded it and sent it off to the production company to get him sacked . in the end it won a ship load of awards including an Academy Award for Best writing ,story , screenplay and another nomination for Jack Nicholson for Best supporting actor and $3million at the box office . some scenes had to be left out or reshot because the 3 remaining bike's had been stolen .All the music in the film was donated by the artist at the time ,rather that having a written film score , Dennis approched them and just asked them that he would like their song in his movie , without paying any royalty's .. at that time , not any more . Peter Fonda had the jacket made by 2 little old ladie's in LA , then rode around LA before production started , to give it a more "broken in look" , but was pulled over several time's by the cops for his "audaious" look . When Jack Nicholson was on the back of the C'ptn Amercia bike , he had to squeeze his knee's into the side of Peter Fonda to hang on , so much so that he broke one of his rib's . There have been rumour's of a sequal , but thats a bit tricky when the main character is killed off . The American Film Institute has ranked it the #84 greatest film of all time , and check out Dennis Hoppers interview in "History of the Chopper" where he talks about Easyrider . The movie was released in Australia 14/2/1970 8) .dig ya later man .

Chucky

Post by Chucky » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:30 pm

I'm with ya Skip, then ending always makes me want to punch things :-(

Return to “Choppers in the movies”