STONE 2 disic DVD

Keep pics max of 550 wide and max of 60kb...

STONE 2 disic DVD

Post by BobbaZooki » Tue May 20, 2008 11:45 am

I received my STONE Special Edition 2 disic DVD today and had to really force myself not to watch it untill the evening as i did'nt want any interferance or interuptions . 1st thing you'll notice is the packaging , it's very well presented , with a boxed sleave for the DVD , inside cover has the pub brawl scene with index and quote's from Quentin Tarantino . Disic 1 (feature 90min) now i was a little perplexed here because there are DELETED scene's which are not mentioned on the cover or anywhere , the two most notable missing scene's are ... when we ( the audiance) are introduced to the police "politicing" on what action to take whilst taking target practice ,
the other and more memorible scene was the "Go down" funeral scene where all the member's of the club throw item's into the grave , you only see "Toad" chuck this gobblet in , WHAT has been deleted was the bag of weed and the "mole's" knickers being thrown in the grave , but they let the "C" word in ?. I don't think the DVD has been digitally remasted as the film still hold's it's original texture , I myself just can't help but to always look into the background of these early australian film's and find that we where still intrenched in 50's idealisum's , reguardless of that the film will always remain as one of australia's top 5 grossing feature film's and of course an Icon of australian cinema . The success of the film relied not so much on the "bike's" (which helped) but on the script written by Sandy Harbutt and Michael Robinson (pinball) which delt with social and political issue such the enviroment .. urban development .. disillusioned return sevicemen .. corruption .. religon , all involving a group of bikie's , who unwilling get caught up in it , we all know the film , but this is the BEST bit , you HAVE to watch disic 2 first (special features produced by Margret Pomerance the movie show ABC) before you watch the main feature , because it is loaded with fantansic "behind the scenes" footage of actual location filming in 1973/4 ... in depth interview with Sandy Harbutt , from then and present as well as principle cast members and crew ... how Sandy scored the Kawa Z900's and where they are now ... how they beged bowered or stole hundred and ninety thousand dollar's to make it ... the pub brawl scene was an actuall bikie pub and the "Black Hawks" where REAL Hells Angels , you see the lad's being interviewed and the the same lad's appear in the brawl scene ... principle cast member's where either dating or married in real life to there character's in the film as well doubling as "grips" on set , wardrobe and soundtrack all done by cast member's ... Make up Test , you'll see cast member's being tested for light , contrast and motion , close-up's , check the date on the clapper board in this section .. Theatrical trailer ... Director's Slideshow , is great Sandy talk's about the bike's , location's , cast & crew , the open casting call in Rev's magazine , the film's premier in Sydney , the critic's review's , Canne's film festival , how the australian film commsion bum f#*%!! him . Stone Forever , is a doco on the 25th anniversary of the famous funeral ride from the film .... all this and a heap more of trivia and anidote's , this is why it's essentual you watch the "Special Features" (63min) disic first , it will give the movie a whole new light , so if you do'nt have this new Stone 2 disic Special Edition then get one , i score mind off Ebay , $36.oo posted and still sealed and is NOT a dodgey burnt copy , but a proper Umbrella Production DVD
... 5 star's ....

Post by ShovelShane » Tue May 20, 2008 8:25 pm

I have to get it, I have the single disc cut version on DVD already but I definately have to get a copy of this one.
See no Evo, Hear no Evo, Ride no Evo

Post by sks » Thu May 22, 2008 7:16 pm

Last edited by sks on Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Biggaz » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:56 pm

so do i
Choppers Are Real Rides

Post by bendnstretch » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:26 pm

Top review there BobbaZooki,

Looks like we will have be getting a copy soon.

Thanks mate. :D
Trees and bikes are alike...
You can CHOP EM!!

Post by Bearcx » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:58 pm

Yep, me three.

Thanks BZ
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Return to “Choppers in the movies”