Gone in 60 Seconds 1974

Keep pics max of 550 wide and max of 60kb...
Spokes

Gone in 60 Seconds 1974

Post by Spokes » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:22 pm

Today, as I lay on the couch with my Oxycodone and coffee, I watched the 1974 version of "Gone in 60 Seconds". In the chase scene at the end they went past a group of trikes and chops. One of the chops they went past looked really cool. Complete with twisted metal springer front end and a 200Kg fat man and his beeyatch on the back. The thing is, I couldn't work out what it was. It looked like aparrallel twin of some sort but I couldn't see if it was a an XS650 type or a trumpy type? In fact, coming to think of it, it may have even been a Hog and the fatmans shadow just made it look smaller? I only rewound it twice and then I got bored.
Does anyone else have or have seen the movie?
Does anyone know what it is?
Does anyone have some software that you can use to take still images from the movie and save them as pictures?
:D
Harleys SUCK - Real men ride Yamaha's - FAST

midnight7503

Post by midnight7503 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:55 pm

if your computer can play dvd's, pause it on the scene you want, all microsft running computers can take a picture of whats on the desk top commonly known as a screenshot, its in paint shop if I remember correctly, or go to bigpond, and download a free copy of screenshots, you then save the screenshot as a picture, and you can print them at any time.
“There is no heaven, there is no hell, except here on Earth.”

Spokes

Post by Spokes » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:35 pm

cheers
I might give it a go tomorrow.
Harleys SUCK - Real men ride Yamaha's - FAST

Chucky

Post by Chucky » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:49 am

that bike is Funny I can remeber wathcin that film and the big dude looks like he's gonna fall off at any moment!

BobbaZooki

Post by BobbaZooki » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:25 pm

I have try to pin point weather the bike's in "Gone in 60 Second's" are either Harley's or not ... and i have come to the conclusion , through my web of filmoreno's that the bike is Japaneasy , the film was made in 1973 and released the following year , which put's it smack in the middle of the Japaneasy chopper craze of the 70's , the director , H .B. Halicki was a former stuntman , and car and m/cycle fan , he also wrote it , and star's and drove the Mustang through out the film .
TRIVIA .... all the car chase's in the film are REAL and the people and pedestian's are NOT hollywood stuntperson's who are scattering off the street's .. they got into alot of trouble from the municipalty for not getting permitt's to film on public street's , though the film made a ship load of money at the box office , all that was forgiven :twisted:

ShovelShane

Post by ShovelShane » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:40 pm

I might just have to go through my dvd collection and pull that out, I haven't watched it for ages. The special edition copy I have has a big spiel at the beginning about the actual chase scene, apparently he loaned the mustang off of a mate of his :twisted:
See no Evo, Hear no Evo, Ride no Evo

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:54 am

Love to see the movie too
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “Choppers in the movies”