Marriage of Figaro

Keep pics max of 550 wide and max of 60kb...
BobbaZooki

Marriage of Figaro

Post by BobbaZooki » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:45 pm

The Professor had been on to me about this little known aussie gem of a movie , i caught the last 15mins of the end on telly just recently ... and was totaly "stoked" ... that i went and bought my own copy of the funniest aussie bikie movie .... EVER
Do yourself a favour and go rent or buy it , you wont regret it
Well writen and acted and VERY, VERY funny , it's a real pity that it didn't get a wider release nationally .

will have a full review in next C n B .

tigerbob

Post by tigerbob » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:33 pm

I still haven't seen this movie but found out about a year ago that it was filmed in a mate's house in Modbury using untried talent who was also a local lad. The house was not done up for the movie- that's how it looked.
'94 Dyna Convertible
'73 TR6 Tiger - chopper under construction
'71 T140v Bonneville

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:42 pm

The lead guy was employed at the ABC I believe and one of the movie people saw him ride up on his Harley and popped the question. I am told he is actually a piano tuner as well and was playing the piano in the movie... can't vouch for that.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

kooka

Re: Marriage of Figaro

Post by kooka » Sat May 26, 2012 1:40 pm

Yeh prof your right on all accounts mate, I know him as Chaingard and is one of my brothers in BACA.
He is just as if not funnier in life
Chaingard
Kooka

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Sat May 26, 2012 7:49 pm

Love to hear some anecdotes of the making of the movie... real history to be kept for future bikers.

As you know, I am a pretty keen historian/researcher and have been gathering photos and information especially personal memories when ever I can... want to put it together in a choppers australia book in the future... so anything anyone has please contact me so it can be put in one place for future use.

A friend who is here tonight said that his mate did the music for the movie and thinks all but one or two of the actors were ABC folks.

At the premiere a big bunch of Harleys arrived and parked outside.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

kooka

Post by kooka » Sun May 27, 2012 6:56 am

I see if Chaingard is comming to WA for our AGM I'll see if I can drag anything out of him
Kooka

Return to “Choppers in the movies”