Honda Chopper Rolling Chassis, We can now make a start!

Discuss and show your current or planned project here.

Moderators: Prof, Chopper Project Moderators

SimonJ18

Honda Chopper Rolling Chassis, We can now make a start!

Post by SimonJ18 » Wed May 03, 2006 8:06 pm

Well we have finally got our start... A Honda cb750 Chopper rolling frame. Picked her up for $400 as ya see her, also got front and rear brake calipers (we plan to run a rear disc) and braided oil lines and front headlight etc. We like the coffin tank and santee oil tank, oil tank needs a good blast and re chrome however. The frame caught my eye being nicely raked and slightly extended in the neck (i havent calculated degrees yet) this only leaves us to chop the rear and hard tail it and replace it with a nice straight back bone that carries right thru to the axle plates. Heather (my partner) and i always like to visionise what we build so we have made lots of drawings and sketches. It now is just a matter of doing the labour and finding a donor bike/motor and getting right into it. Well i had better not blab on too much, here it is below.... feedback would be appreciated, let us know what you think etc.... did we pay too much? Bye for now!

Sorry about all the photo's but i have thumbnailed them to keep the post quicker to load.

leverin

Post by leverin » Wed May 03, 2006 8:15 pm

good find simon cant wait to see the chop build im sure youl keep us informed

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

ho

Post by Prof » Thu May 04, 2006 12:02 am

Congratulations on a bike at last...

Forks look to be 8"-10" . So you know what they are?.

Also, I would be gusseting neck area from bend to steering head ... or at least moving those two bent tubes (between top and down tubes) back onto the down tube bend, as in current configuration you are almost certain to get flex and cracking at the bend.

Looking forward to seeing the chopper with in emerge...
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Thu May 04, 2006 9:23 am

Good on ya S & H.

Are ya sure about the hardtail, i mean Aussie roads arent the most forgiving. especially as it sounds they'll be two up miles your doing.

Why not extend the swingarm and lower the seat rails.

Also i dig the neck swoop. goose necked ala; zero engineering. also reminisant of a 70's bay style.

Congrats and keep us posted.

Stoand

Post by Stoand » Thu May 04, 2006 5:55 pm

yeh, looks good, can't wait to see the build, def didn't pay too much imo

Chopper_T

Post by Chopper_T » Wed May 31, 2006 5:45 am

Neat chop. can't wait to see it finished. kinda makes me miss the K2 i left behind in melbourne 1987. if you ever get tired of the coffin tank... i will gladly accept it from you. I am very impressed with the pipe work behind the trees. looks very well done.

simosgirl

Post by simosgirl » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:51 pm

Hey Chopper_T thanks we are very proud of our bike. Im not sure but i do believe we have a diamond tank, not a coffin. Sorry to disapoint you! Not very happy with the pipe work behind the neck, so I have designed a full gusset so we can mould the gooseneck just like they were back in the 70's :) Simon has traced my design onto 4mm plate and has cut it out. We will be working on chopping the frame soon!

Heather

Return to “Your Chopper Project... with photos...”