First post and pics of my CB750 SOHC AMEN

Discuss and show your current or planned project here.

Moderators: Prof, Chopper Project Moderators

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:47 am

Well mine's running. If it had a chain or any kind of brakes, I'd be out breaking the law with it.
Keith, the guy from the USA wired it up while he was hanging out at my place after the mega ride debarcle.
Started first go.
Ive been trying to upload video but they're all too big.

How is yours coming along mate. I havent seen a post here for a long time
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

www.independentparts.com.au

Pigbody23t

Post by Pigbody23t » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:28 pm

OK im back OINK OINK OINK

in between moving my work to its new spot and chainging my email addy
yes i forgot my password ! ok you can take the booze if you wish

the bike is coming along well all cables fitted and opernational
carbys are on but there a ratty set , just got the bodies back from the cary shop and there all gold and clean and on the bench going bact together , battery will be in on wensday i have a harness stripped out and going to use all the genuine honda coloured wires so i dont have a night mare later a little anal i know but thats just me

chain fitted so friggen close i can almost see me misses in the mirror !

but as it goes there is allways just one more dig into the wallet
tyres, 4 sets of brake pads two sets for each bike , and the RTA $$

but it cant be long now , work has all setteled in and it back to the standard every day so i willkeep you guys updated

more pics coming str8 after this

G-day OLfart hope you been well mate !
All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Pigbody23t

Post by Pigbody23t » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:34 pm

AND thats all i have to report ! :D

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:10 pm

G,day Mate, just wanted to recomend Tasmotosports.com for your honda consumables...Terry will post them to your door in under a week for insanly cheap prices

Pigbody23t

Post by Pigbody23t » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:48 pm

yes sir i been using him a little
but ive had a bum ride with them i can tell you
forst deilery took 8weeks was told the parcel was returned to them twice
"a total load of bollox' then when he did get it away it was still short two item's that i was told where in stock , yet antoher lie , since then ive been waiting 3 more weeks for the standard fuel cock and a stock headlight witch i was told was also in stock but they cant locate , i believe that they where holding the order waiting for the items to come in , causitg the delay

i would have rathere the truth srtaight up and would have been happy to wait for the out f stock items

it just aint as good as they seem all the time
but yep there cheep on there prices

pig
:(

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:33 am

Geez mate that stinks, i only ever recommend them because ive had such a high standard of service. Seriously ive never had to wait longer than 5 days for anything from them and the proprietor (Terry) always gives me information about whats happening with my purchases, shoot even when i throw a curve at him he responds quickly and cost effectivly. Sorry to here youve had a bad run from them.

of course ive not bought anything in a while (over 12months) so i guess things change.

Good luck with your bike mate, its coming along nicley and iam sure the set backs wont mean near as much when youre out profilin.

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:11 pm

Mate, good to see you back on here. Bike is looking 'king great.
Mines a go-er if you havent seen my recent postings.
will be in touch later.
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:10 pm

Had to go back to the begininng of this thread to suss out what your frame is..Amen ? what gives it away as an amen, i am just wondering because i picked up a roller today and it looks a dead ringer for your frame, same rake etc...there is one difference and that is the axel plates have a round/keyhole type of thing cut into them...any clue as to if these are Amen stock? Cheers mate.

pic of the frame (not trying to jack the thread, just hopin you got some knowledge on this)

chewi

Post by chewi » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:17 pm

hey cromag,i like that frame,but im pretty sure its not an amen frame

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:00 am

Thanks Chewi, I was just about to say that.

Had a bit of a search around the inerwebthingy and came up with the advertisment pic for AEE over on the hondachoppers.com
This here is the link
http://www.hondachopper.com/gallery_mis ... e_ads.html
notice the same gussetting around the steering head, the bottom frame rails also have that long kicked up section too (I suspect this enabled you to do a straight swap from stock to chop using the standard 18"wheel).

Anyway as both Pigbody23t's frame and i seem to share the same geometry (10' out and 6 stretch") and gussetting (Ooohhh i like your gussetting edna is it AEE?)i think both frames are AEE.

a quick look revealed that Amen have a distinctive stroker bar under

Apparently these frames (AEE) were also sold under the C&G monika too......

Tex

Post by Tex » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:54 pm

Got a March 1977 Custom Bike Magazine here with an Advert for C & G Mfg. Co, which has a pic of their "Custom Rigid Frame". 1" Rake & 5" Overstock. $169.95 US !!

Looks exactly the same as what you have. Got those distinctive Engine Plates & same gussetting.

My Scanner is out of wack, but if I can get it up, I'll post it. (Better rephrase that!??) :D

So I'd say you are on the mark!

______
Tex

Pigbody23t

Post by Pigbody23t » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:36 am

i hope to complete the wires this sunday and iff all goes to plan
some tyres this week and then ...

there's allways more GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

no problemo on showing cromag ya pic in the thread the more the better
love bouncing ideas

PIG oink oink

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:21 am

Well I'm looking forward to seeing it finished, and I hope you do something with the front guard !!!!
Ive just need to re-do the rear brake lever and linkage then it's ready to strip down for final welds and paint.
Still not sure what colour scheme or what cost. I liked Pommys suggestion and it would be a pro finish but I want to stop the funds going out the door as well. Im thinking black semi gloss frame with semi glass silver everywhere else. Rattle can extravaganza
I might even revert back to my original plan of shades of black all over it. but I probably wont, either.
750/4 Sonic chopper.

Pigbody23t

Post by Pigbody23t » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:25 pm

aye you old fart !
the fiber glass guard is just sitting there till i can decide to paint and mount it of hide it in the corner and forget all about it complety

/me ponders the mud in the eye VS the cool look of Zero guard

hmmmmmmmmm

well ide just liek to report that ZERO got done this weekend due too the handbrake pulling a eppisode of backyard blitz but the good lord knows it needed it ! mabye this weekend ? im sure i will be called too man the fishing boat this weekend as the reports of marlin are here and the skipper is keen to turn a reel and tuck away some long lost $$$ from the punters out there

heres the boat i work casual weekends and a link to the sight
http://www.gamefisher.com/
Last edited by Pigbody23t on Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:34 pm

Ah yes, I can see the Honda Chopper Fishing Trip coming up there bigfella!
750/4 Sonic chopper.

Return to “Your Chopper Project... with photos...”