Simon's 750/4 Chop, Mock up Pics...

Discuss and show your current or planned project here.

Moderators: Prof, Chopper Project Moderators

Shez (Rascal)

Post by Shez (Rascal) » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:28 pm

I've seen the bike heaps lately, and it's coming along slowly (due to waiting on parts etc) but it's really starting to look it's style.
A little more way to go, but it's getting there Simon.

A job well done so far! :D

74chopper

Post by 74chopper » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:32 am

woudl like to see a wiring diagram simon, as i am gonna use the same setup, only running headlight/brake light with foot and front lever switch, kick start only,togglel switch ignition, no key, no indicators.
Cheers Rob
750/4 choppers Rock

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:32 pm

Where ya gonna put the toggle Chopper74.....im having a hell of a time finding decent key switches, going to try a sporty one next....but at present toggle in the box i got from you a year or so ago.

74chopper

Post by 74chopper » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:00 pm

can you believe that was nearly 3 years ago that we did that electrix box deal, time flies eh... at the moment i have a dummy key ignition and 2 toggle switches, i will also put another hidden switch somewhere and have combination between the three (1 up 2 down kinda thing).. there is an electronics place with stores all over australia that has all the ignitions, wires, toggles, fuse holders, boxes etc. had a catologue a few months ago, will try to find it or ask a guy at work for it again.. even has stuff for making tube amps.
Cheers Rob
750/4 choppers Rock

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:07 am

3 yrs...damn! (I thought the box would get me on the road, im still not there on that bike).

Tubes for Amps (your guitar must sound Fat!)......Ive got some microswitches id like to wire in one day, but at present not my biggest prob with that bike, I like the combo idea though. Cheers.

74chopper

Post by 74chopper » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:27 pm

made my own guitar rig years ago, , 3 speaker cabinets split into 2 channels, 400 watt PA head, tube pre-amp, reverb unit, echo unit, 2 wah pedals a splitter and 7 pedals, always liked to chop things hahaha. Mean sound.
Cheers Rob
750/4 choppers Rock

SimonJ18

Post by SimonJ18 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:35 am

Hi guys, just a recent picture of me on me chop.... Was fooling round after my Bbq the other weekend and took some snap shots.... More updated pictures will be posted shortly, Catcha's.

Click on images for full size

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:47 pm

Lookin Good, The bike not you stud.

Saw this and thought of your project.

Shez (Rascal)

Post by Shez (Rascal) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:39 am

See told ya's... the bike is looking good, oh and Simon is too.. ROFL that's feeding the sharks bait. ROFL! As Bear would say, "no comment". Quite funny sometimes.

Anyways, that pic does look like, well remind ya of Simons. Obviously different, but simular. If you know what I mean??!!

SimonJ18

Just an update..

Post by SimonJ18 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:51 pm

Hi Guys n Gals...

Just a update on my build... Been a busy little bee lately, have welded in the gooseneck, this took hours to weld in and smooth... no bog has been used at all but i will need a slight skim of knifing putty to bring up a few low spots. Up inside the gooseneck i have welded in tabs to mount my dyna ignition coils, in the front part of the neck i have drilled four holes 20, 16, 12, & 8mm in diameter, these are styling holes but also act as ducts to keep the coils cool. Have recently added a coffin tank (which still needs repair, will take me 4 hours) diamond tank was too small and had little capacity due to it's overall size and very high tunnel. 16in Invader drum rear wheel, i am sticking with the chromed swingarm but need to buy some new shocks. Have also ordered a set of 10over fork legs, pictured is a set of 6over legs, will also be running a 21in rim on the front but i am still awaiting delivery of my twisted spokes so i can lace the rim up. Have mounted rear flat fender, although i am debating weather to cut it off shorter... any suggestions? Still a bit of work on the frame to do, need to kong the seat rail above the oil tank down a couple of inches and i will be extending the rear of the frame 5-6 inches so i can bolt the sissy bar on and set it back 3 inches from where it is mocked up (and barely sitting) in the photo's. That is this weeks job in between jobs, have ordered the steel for that and to make my forward controls. Also gotta make a brace to mount my oil cooler to the down tubes. Once that is all done ill break her down so i can send the rest out to join the other bits already at the chromer/polisher and get the frame sandblasted ready to paint. Engine build coming along well, cases masked up ready to paint this week, have all parts for assembly except primary chains and bearing shells (in post). Head work/porting and cylinder machining (for 836kit) is being done this week also. Busy times but making good ground..

Do u think i should shorten the rear fender and/or paint it the colour of the bike? keeping in mind i am probably going to run a front fender at times (long trips, RTA inspection etc) Cheers, Chop on!!

Click on image for full size pic
I am liking the look and the way this tanks sits over the old Diamond tank.

Can just see the holes in the front of the neck, Where's my 10overs n 21in rim? :(

Higher bars needed, thinking of mini apes or stock Triumph bars according to Russ.

Very very temporary mock up of sissy bar :lol:

"To Do:" Kong frame, make seat pan, form n shape King n Queen seat 8)

Thinking of painting my Chop this colour (frame + Gas tank), think it will go nice with a black/polished engine and chrome parts.
Last edited by SimonJ18 on Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shez (Rascal)

Post by Shez (Rascal) » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:38 pm

Need to cut rear fender the same shape as the tail light. Just my personal opinion *shrugs*

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:40 am

I recon Shez is spot on about the guard....it'd look killer with the same profile cut into the bottom of it.

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:23 pm

Gunna be one cool ride!
Bacca

74chopper

Post by 74chopper » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:00 pm

750`s rock man, no denyin that... ,definately cut that fender though.
Cheers Rob
750/4 choppers Rock

leverin

Post by leverin » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:05 pm

i hate toi say it lol but shaz is right maybe with paint hi-light's on the end.
i'll hav a better look on the weekend mate see u then.

Return to “Your Chopper Project... with photos...”