Ollie 's 750/4...

Discuss and show your current or planned project here.

Moderators: Prof, Chopper Project Moderators

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:08 pm

I like the idea of the clip ons. Thanks for all the other suggestions as well, very valued and important to the process
But it's a chopper. Ive sent it over to JAT Choppers in Belgrave South. Steve Martin works there ( former owner of Bob Martin Engineering) and they are gunna rake it by moving the steering tube back, inserting a couple of gussets and prettying up some of the original welds.
I know it will blow the 550 rule but it has stock springs in the forks with 6 inch spacers, I'll drop those out and if I have to, slide the forks through the trees.
It'll take 4 weeks before I get it back, so stay tuned for some pics.
Now I can overhaul the carbies. woo hoo.

74chopper

Post by 74chopper » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:16 pm

i took the 10" spacers outa mine for rego, works a treat :D
Cheers Rob
750/4 choppers Rock

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:22 pm

there ya go, nuthin like a bit of progressive thinking.

chopperal

Post by chopperal » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:26 pm

Look forward to seeing the results OF.

cheers, al :)

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Sat May 16, 2009 11:28 am

Here's a bit of an update. Ive had the frame raked a bit, to let the motor sit level. also had a fender made and bought aseat.
The motors being put back together and should be back in a week or two.

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Sat May 16, 2009 1:40 pm

Certainly has a nice stance, and you might have written it previously in the post, but i missed it...but thats gonna need a longer front end...once you hit the anchors on that the whole rig will dip and change the trail (maybe for the better/maybe not) but those rails will be dragging dirt i reckon.......that being said..i reckon it looks Ace!

What rake is it...Woah.. or WOAH!

bendnstretch

Post by bendnstretch » Sat May 16, 2009 2:53 pm

Looks good mate
Trees and bikes are alike...
You can CHOP EM!!

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:53 pm

Here's some from today, got the engine in for a fit, put the pipes on and have the seat mount sorted out witht the rear fender mount.
Various bits painted, new triple trees. surprisingly, no bark lost today with engine install.

What??? no lean angle?
It's not made for leaning, its made for, other things...
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

www.independentparts.com.au

Tex

Post by Tex » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:38 pm

mmmmm Laurel & Hardy

or

Stan & Ollie

or

Spokes & Ol Fart ??? :D Happy as ........ :D :D :D

________
Tex

midnight7503

Post by midnight7503 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:56 pm

What??? no lean angle?
It's not made for leaning, its made for, other things...

Yeah it maybe a little difficult cornering :lol:

I like the look of it, but does it come within the 550mm rule?
It looks pretty long :shock:
“There is no heaven, there is no hell, except here on Earth.”

Spokes

Post by Spokes » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:07 pm

Tex wrote:mmmmm Laurel & Hardy

or

Stan & Ollie

or

Spokes & Ol Fart ??? :D Happy as ........ :D :D :D

LMAO - I guess I am the fat one then?

________
Tex
Harleys SUCK - Real men ride Yamaha's - FAST

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:21 pm

It was registered previously, so the reg office only wants a certificate of roadworthiness.
Either that or I buy a donor bike.
Either way, its dodgy, but it wont be the first time Ive ridden an illegal scoot
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

midnight7503

Post by midnight7503 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:45 pm

wheres the rear guard from? I like the look of it
“There is no heaven, there is no hell, except here on Earth.”

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:02 pm

It was originally a new 9 incher. I had a hot rodder, cut a 60 mm strip out of the middle and he brazed or bronzed it back together. Its pretty snug. It also has a ridge that you cant see in the pic
I have the original Sonic fender strut that Im gunna cut up to make the prop.
After seeing the pics of Spokes bike, Im gunna do the mount on the fender, like the bottom mount of his sissy bar. Very trick
750/4 Sonic chopper.

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:53 am

I took it off the work bench to set up the kick stand and get a bit more welding done.

OK, always had a soft spot for wing nuts

I love this shot, everything lines up real nice, see the 10 mm offset sprocket down there on the donk ?

Im waiting on a set of forwards from TC Bros in the USA.
I decided not to use the billet HD aftermarket ones. I was also contemplating using a hydraulic disc brake rear end but this bike has cost way too much so far. Time to reel in the costs, get the fab done, pull it apart, paint it and get it on the road.
750/4 Sonic chopper.

Return to “Your Chopper Project... with photos...”