Dale's XS650...

Discuss and show your current or planned project here.

Moderators: Prof, Chopper Project Moderators

Shez (Rascal)

Post by Shez (Rascal) » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:45 am

That's one good looking bike coming along there... Just by looking at it, afew styling ideas run through my head, but I'm sure what you have planned for it will look totally awesome. Can't wait to see the finished project!

dady619

need info

Post by dady619 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:14 pm

can anyone tell me what is the measurement inside to inside of the frame on a 650 and should it be tight im doing my back wheel and brake calaper dont think i have the room with the wheel i got thanks

dady619

Post by dady619 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:27 pm

Hi everyone,
The bike has been coming along great. I have sent some photos to Andrew to add for me and I would like to know what everyone
thinks. like I said things where going good to good. Today I put on the new chain and ran into a problem. Looking from the back of the wheel it seems to have a boomarang shape in between the sprokets and if I turn the wheel the boomarang shape changes from side to side like an s shape. Also the chain is running very close to my tire. I have doubled checked and the wheel is straight. I would appreate it if anyone out there has had the same problem can they please let me know how to fix it. As I am new to this I dont know much about wheel sizes the rear wheel that I have on is 3.00 x 16 and the tire is 130/90h16. may be my wheel is to wide. If anyone thinks it is what sould I be running. I really need help badly. Thanks Dale

leverin

Post by leverin » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:53 pm

dady619 did u put on new sprocket's and if u did could they or the old ones be warped .
i just put new ones on my xs easy job if the bolt's loosen allright lol.
i just need a spacer to fix the wheel in right position now and then will fit chain.
good luck with your's. marty..

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

alignment

Post by Prof » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:06 pm

If your sprocket is not warped and is properly set on hub, I also suggest you double check that your engine is mounted "square" in your frame. Engine centre line should be parallel to frame centre line.

If your enine is correctly aligned, run a straight edge off the countershaft sprocket. The out side face of your counter shaft sprocket should line up perfectly with outer face of your rear sprocket. You vary your rear axle spacers to get this correct. Once this is done, align your rear wheel with your countershaft sprocket.

If you can't get your rear sprocket far out enought to line up with c/s sprocket, you will have to move engine across. If you can align them go to next step...

If chain now hits tyre, you will need to set your rear sprocket out from your hub using spacers.

Once you have sprockets aligned and clearing your chain you can then look at what axle spacers you need on the other side of your rear axle.

I there is no room left for brake rotor, you would then have to consider heating and bending your rear frame "forks" to widen them and let every thing fit. You would need to set up a jig with frame firmly clamped and everything very carefully measured. It would need a couple of you with an oxy to do this, If you have to do any frame bending, keep heat evenly spread and let it cool naturally.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

dady619

Post by dady619 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:46 pm

fixed it turned out being the chain the new chain was a o ring chain i got a nother without o rings and all good

Prof

Post by Prof » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:36 pm

Dales latest pics...

Chopit'nrideit... Prof

dady619

Post by dady619 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:24 pm

pics dont look good sorry

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:39 pm

Thats looking great Dale.
Bacca

Prof

Paint

Post by Prof » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:23 am

Paint and wheels...

Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:45 am

Very Tidy Dale!....man those pipes are snug, forwards neat and overall shape right on....(Jealouse as hell).....

Biggaz

Post by Biggaz » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:24 pm

Looking great dale Ill have to pop in to see for my self in the next week or so how did you go with the wiring
Choppers Are Real Rides

dady619

Post by dady619 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:58 am

cool mate wiring next. i got my new clutch cable put it on but when it is in gear clutch in. wheel still locked in gear any ideas anyone also got all my stuff from mikesxs it was like xmas early now ned looks great yes bikes name is ned

Biggaz

Post by Biggaz » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:25 am

Mate it could be the clutch linkage on the inside of the casing is 180degrease out and is not pushing the shaft in far enough to disconect the clutch
Choppers Are Real Rides

dady619

need help

Post by dady619 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:59 pm

hi im trying to get my bike going but it want go. not sure if carbs are working but i have spark at the plugs and i dont think i have it at the points there is sparks if i put a screwdriver across it. any feed back would be great

Return to “Your Chopper Project... with photos...”