Newbie from Melbourne

Discuss and show your current or planned project here.

Moderators: Prof, Chopper Project Moderators

Spade8
Interests: I've been into bikes for 4 years, since moving to Melbourne. I grew up around hot rods and customs, owning an XP Falcon and Model T coupe which I couldn't bring with me to Melbourne.

I've had a few bike projects over the past few years, including a DT400 with a very hot engine, an XS 400, an XS650, and am currently building a 72 Triumph chopper.

I'm hoping to meet a few riding mates with choppers, and plan on racking up plently of long trips on the Trump!

Newbie from Melbourne

Post by Spade8 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:45 pm

Hi fellas,

I’m Will, currently 22 years old and living in Melbourne. I got into bikes about 4 years ago when I moved to Melbourne to study Mechanical Engineering. I’d been into customs and hot rods for a while, having an XP falcon as a high school daily driver and a model T coupe body waiting to be hacked into.

I had no room for cars when I moved into my tiny dorm room at uni, so I started fettling with bikes instead. This lead to a full-blown workshop occupying my dorm bedroom while I slept in my girlfriends room in the same building.

My journey through the motorcycle world started with cheap Japanese bikes: A DT400 Yamaha stripped down with a hot engine, an XS400 cafe racer, and an XS650 resto-mod which I currently ride. I've just got myself a 72 Triumph 650, which will be built into a tall front, swing arm chopper in the early 70's Norcal style.

You can check out the build thread here:
http://choppersaustralia.com/forum/view ... f=5&t=8006

I plan on doing plenty of long rides on the Trump, with a tall sissy bar to lash my swag onto. I'm keen to join along on some group rides once she's up and running, so I hope to see some of you guys out on the road sometime!

Cheers

Bearcx

Re: Newbie from Melbourne

Post by Bearcx » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:25 pm

G'day Will, Always good to see old Brit bikes being kept alive.
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Spade8
Interests: I've been into bikes for 4 years, since moving to Melbourne. I grew up around hot rods and customs, owning an XP Falcon and Model T coupe which I couldn't bring with me to Melbourne.

I've had a few bike projects over the past few years, including a DT400 with a very hot engine, an XS 400, an XS650, and am currently building a 72 Triumph chopper.

I'm hoping to meet a few riding mates with choppers, and plan on racking up plently of long trips on the Trump!

Post by Spade8 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:18 pm

Cheers mate!

Just found that I posted this in the wrong forum :?

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:20 pm

That's ok Will, He who never made a mistake never made anything... we appreciate you posting... would be nice if the dozens of others regularly on this site wouldalso introduce themselves and tell us about their rides.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “Your Chopper Project... with photos...”