in china

A place to put pics of wild cars you own or come across as well as discussing other stuff of particular (legal & legitimate) interest...
xsive

in china

Post by xsive » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:10 pm

hi all just a quicky .finaly arived in changhai this morning wow is this place full on only here for night then off to dongying to start the project work for the next nine days so cant make the vw add im stuffed now up at 5am drive to sydney meetings left at 5.30pm 8 hours to singapore 4 hours stop over 6hours to shanghai 1 hour in the taxi lucky to survive that trip.me thinks time for a long tub got to leave here in an hour meetings in china office for the rest of the day have some din dins leave for 5hour flight tomorow to dong ying small city of 18'000'000 or so cheers steve
IM NOT CRAZY ITS JUST OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF MY NORMALITY THAT DIFFERS

ol_750

Re: in china

Post by ol_750 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:46 pm

8) Dont work too hard over there , see you when your back :wink:
Ride Hard Live Free
Twisties seperate the men from the boys
FarRider 413 "IT'S JUST A ROAD"
2 x XJ750RL , 4 x XJ900 , XS650 , XV1000 TR1,VN1500 Classic.

dg6oo2

Post by dg6oo2 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:41 pm

Busy joint ain,t it my old mans working over in china chongquing just out of shanghai for the gorgon project.It makes you realise how much room we actually have enjoy your trip mate even if you are working.
friends welcome family by appiontment only.

xsive

Post by xsive » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:38 pm

yeah busy is not the way to describe this place dont think i could ever drive here i think it would be some thing you would be born into seems no one pays any attention to any form of road rules that we are accustom to red lights dont mean stop zebra crossings are just marks on the road and i have found out dont look at the vehicle comming at you as if you do it confuses them .they know where there heading regardless and a horn blast is not to warn you only that they are comming through choppers non existant but lots of long weird moped thingies cheers again its time to eat

Adam84

Post by Adam84 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:53 pm

Sounds interesting Steve, A long way from Rutherford!!

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:31 pm

Sounds like India traffic, only had one ride there way out on a quiet country road :D

Enjoy the experience & remember Image

Hope ya don't have this happen on the way home :D

or

78gold

Post by 78gold » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:38 am

Steve,
What was dinner like, hard or soft shell cricket???
Have a great time and hows trhe low carb beer??
See Ya when you get back
Nigel.
Nigel
78 Gold

xsive

Post by xsive » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:48 pm

where do i begin last nights dinner was held in a private room at our 5 star hotel it was hosted by new chinese friends mr xui and mr xui one is the the mayor of dongying city the other was i think controler of the province the meal was as suspected suspect in its content noy crickets but locusts crunchy sea cucmber(sea slug)AND OTHER STUFF I DONT WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT WAS as is customary many toasts are given and it is rude not to have the same amount as the toaster as you might imagine things start to get blury quickly what we are talking here is wine glasses of beigo a clear version of nuclear reacted rocket fuel running in at around 80% i soon forgot what the food was . the last thing i remember was that i left the room they tell me under my own steam . ithink this stuff has memory loss addative as well because i dont know how i got to bed who made the coffee in my room and didnt drink it some one ashed there smoke in another one and my clothes strewn around my room from one end to the other me thinks this could not have been me?any way work progresing well inbetween drinking and eating .to night im told we have another official dinner to attend when will this all stop io wont get fat on the food atleast . cheers

Tex

Post by Tex » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:30 pm

Sheeez Steve!! This seems a long way from The Cockroach Hilton at Rutherford!! :D Or the 1 Star Tent at Bombala! :D

Will you still associate with long haired, grey whiskered, old bikies on your return?? :wink: :?

Don't forget you table manners at the banquets! :) :shock:

_______
Tex.
Tex
(Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional)

dg6oo2

Post by dg6oo2 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:51 pm

The worst thing i found as food in China was the chooks foot dish, all bones and marinated in chook *#@** for how many years, no thanks but the pie-goo(spelt as it sounds) basiclly barbeque pork ribs deep fried in batter yummmmmm. Although we did go to a resturaunt in gaungzhou that specializes in rat, before you go yuck these are not street rats but they are specially bred and farmed rats and are fooking huge.
friends welcome family by appiontment only.

xsive

Post by xsive » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:26 pm

well it was on again last night hosted this time by the president of a factory complex that will provide labour etc for our project attended by another 8 officials from other factorys including 1 of the mr xui's who decided he would drink wine instead of bajiu(rocket fuel)and passed his glass to me they made some new rules each glass was to be emptied in four toasts .well i managed that before declining more and whilst still being able to have some senses drank beer instead from then on.the tucker was a little more civilised apart from halved duck heads brewed in slime ,soft shelled turtles,and an unimaginable slop of i dont know what . a massive salad platter found its way to my belly my excuse beeing i had eaten to much lunch.lucky to get away with that one.every one was then taken to have foot massages. just how good are they istill feel great today.tex the rutherford hillton has some catching up to do for sure my room is about five times the size .the bathroom area is about 1.5 the size of the hillton.and not a roach to be found.as for hanging out with grey haired old bikies you know the answer to that and it will be good not to be the only person with facial hair seems im like a monkey in a cage every one looks at least twice at me blonde hair blue eyes gi mullet and manchou i dont think im that much different? well not sure about this evening but probably another formal . cheers

Tex

Post by Tex » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:34 pm

Blooody celebrities!! :roll:

_____
Tex
Tex
(Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional)

xsive

Post by xsive » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:20 am

just got back from what i thought was a visit to a factory with our chinese host it turns out it was an invitation to dinner with his best friend who is senior head of the gas and oil fields dongying provence yep you guessed it great big round table massive lazy susan covered in all sorts of chinese delites manditory toasting glasses and enough other guests to stick it to us ausies with each taking turns to bottom ups with the ausies so i pleaded gut problems and was allowed to drink beer instead of rocket fuel seven largies latter dinner toasting was over in an hour and a half so i figure if i had earlier notice and not primed up before the visit (meal) i reckon i may have been able to knock off mr wongs record of 12 largies in a three hour sitting ande still eaten dinner. but to be honest i would not have stolen his thunder and only given it a close nudge . i would hate to take away bragging rights from new friends so soon . anyway am starting to get too used to this sort of behaviour and hope there is not to many more factory visits before we come home . cheers steve :cry:

fluffer

Post by fluffer » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:03 am

I dunno, is it me or is China a flamin' long way ta go fer a pub crawl. :lol: :lol:
"better to die on your feet than live on your knees"

xsive

Post by xsive » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:21 pm

back in aus for a few weeks before round two and three begin cant wait to ring the flamin bell .*#@** what a ride .i didnt post for a few days as it would bore ya more off the same stuff but the day before yesterday 6am start 1 hour to air port ,flight back to shanghai from dongying magnet train 412kl ph ,taxi to south sub way 45mins,vft train to hangchou 1hr at 305klmph, taxi to factory arrived 7pm , meeting with engineer 2hrs , taxi back to hangchou 50mins. arrived at hotel picked by my collegue around 10pm. should have known what the rooms would be like after arriving in the foyer.burn maks from cigies on the carpet 3 girls behind a desk of sorts eating some kind of goo from noodle dishes with there feet on the desk. maybe a hundred rooms on this joint perhaps they wern"t to bad (wrong) me old mate ling ling picked this place from the internet (mistake) to late to move on now lets just put up with it (mistake 2) my room after finding it because i ran out of numbers in the hallway thought no it cant be up that set of stairs with the broken timbers brooms and boxes stored or could it? (mistake 3 ) it was.Ok its now arround 10pm and im getting a bit peckish . strange city no idea where to go getting late stuff it theres a little shop down stairs i dare not drink the water from this place so purchased some lemmon juice to have in the morrning . ling ling decides he is very hungry an a decision is made to try out the resturant on the second floor . as it turned out after conssuming 12 bottles of beer and 6 dishes i thought i could stomach and all for the princely sum of 248rmb about $31.most of the mistakes were forgotten as we could leave this joint at first train out in about 4 hours . off to bed now for some shut eye , well i shut one because my door could not be locked and i could not bring my self to get in that bed anyway so no sleep . on the first train out back to shanghai to meet with boss man markets for a few hours back to air port for direct flight out 8pm china time .10hrs 50 landed in sydney get car out of storage go to meeting and drive back home to maitland 3.40pm and bugger me no one home .so into the cockroach hillton wich in case your wondering is 5 star in comparison for a real beer .and wait to be let into the house. big couple a days . cheers

Return to “Other stuff...”