HOWS YOUR LUCK?

A place to put pics of wild cars you own or come across as well as discussing other stuff of particular (legal & legitimate) interest...
xsive

HOWS YOUR LUCK?

Post by xsive » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:07 pm

here's some of mine - just built a retaining wall from blocks after finaly having a mate with a digger cut it out for me only about 15 mtrs long but a lot of work in 40 deg heat .no time to back fill with gravel befor the northerners sent me a deluge of around 80 ml in a couple hours last sunday .yep the over burden turned to soup ,washed down the back of my recently core filled wall and forced the mother over in the middle on to my tinie mud gaurd ef;ed new led lights in pieces and a wall to reconstruct from the bottom up .(gravity sucks) got home from tex;s birthday bash to find that mrs xsives mg had droped the right hand side suspention no parts available aust so contacted uk dealers no probs exept they where snowed in and could'nt get the parts off :cry: so as a resort i grabed a trailer and headed off to canberra wherethere was an almost compleat wreck for sale. so a 4and half down 4 and a half back trip turned into 22 hrs with storms and road blockages and a snail trail through sydney i was wrecked when i got home !i have just now finished the removal and replacement of the offending hydragas sphere unit to find that my freind with the only pumping unit i know of to refill the hydragas units has had a bout off the black dog and does"nt know when he can gas her up for me :cry: so mum gets the ute and i get the bike rain hail or sun shine still trying to forfill council requirements for our new venture into catering with the newly aquired comertial kitchen and striking new goal posts every time i do something to satisfy the pr##ks :evil: i thik i should start a new project relief from A.I.D.S (Archies Income Defitiancy Syndrome ) i tell ya if it were raining virgins i would be flushed down the gutter with gay guy .cheers
IM NOT CRAZY ITS JUST OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF MY NORMALITY THAT DIFFERS

lowie

Re: HOWS YOUR LUCK?

Post by lowie » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:11 pm

Steve if you weren't already mad that would drive you crazy , some times life is a !*$!! eh?

Tex

Post by Tex » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:30 am

Better try to locate that Chinaman, Steve. Told ya not to misbehave over there! :D

Bummer all round there. But all of those events were out of your control. And, knowing you, you will eat the elephant once again.

Chin up, Mate.

______
Tex
Tex
(Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional)

fluffer

Post by fluffer » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:57 pm

A.I.D.S = Automatically In Da S? :lol:
"better to die on your feet than live on your knees"

78gold

Post by 78gold » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:41 am

Steve,
May have to head north with a case of XXXX to set you right again.

Can't say you don't have any luck though, its just all bad.

Look like putting the house on the Market so will be Vbusy myself for a few weeks.
Ride Safe
Nigel
Nigel
78 Gold

xsive

Post by xsive » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:26 am

thanks for the comments boys .you guys that no me propper also know that these few events were only an addition to the depth of shite im treading water in but there has been a little progress over the last few days where as the susspention units are ok in the wreck and kenny gased em up for me all holding well (got me ute back) :D mums happy.i have allso managed to deconstruct the retaining wall to find only 10 -15 blocks written off .i have once again excavated behind the said wall for reconstruction and am now awaiting rain today to stuff it up again :evil: so while i await the out come i may be able to begin to eat the elephant once more just a little at a time i think i am at #947.5 on the to get done list :oops:now surely i cant be the only one struggling with luck(bad management) what about you guys? cheers

tigerbob

Post by tigerbob » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:21 am

Sorry to hear of your woes Steve but glad I'm not the only one.

I have a freind who has had cancer, a stroke and a heart attack (all before he was mid forties) who describes me as the unluckiest person he knows. I'm not sure that's a title I like but I can certainly empathise with you.

Is the MG an F? If it is then I can relate to the fustration they can bring too.

Looking forward to the sunshine- I'm sure it's just around the corner...

Cheers!
'94 Dyna Convertible
'73 TR6 Tiger - chopper under construction
'71 T140v Bonneville

xsive

Post by xsive » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:46 pm

yes its an F that she who must be obeyed fell in love with instead of what i had shown her previousy and had organised a Z3 bmw :evil: at least it could be repaired with any number of e36 "s dime a dozen parts. im ok i was only throwing it out there to see who else was in the shite but appreciate the people who have contacted me for support in my little spit at life in general .sorry to here about your friend must be tough on you as well he seems to have drawn a shorter straw than most .cheers

xsive

Post by xsive » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:11 am

an update on (luck) mg looking good back on the road untill yesterday ------ a lapse in concentration has cauced mrs xsive to give a 2013 nissan extrail a nudge to move along !*$!! at one of our local roundabouts in her mg a bit like a ping pong ball and brick wall having a liverpool kiss . a couple of scratches on the xtrail. whole front clip on the green machine . not so bad you say as i bought a near complete mg for spares a few weeks ago .guess what part the spare dosnt have ? yep the front clip and bonnet the only parts missing .dont ya just hate that ? so looks like it has to be an inssurance issue that should ruin my no claim bonus for me . cheers all

fluffer

Post by fluffer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:30 pm

Aaaaah Steve mate,

How many flamin' chinamen have ya actually run over in ya lifetime.... :roll: :roll:
"better to die on your feet than live on your knees"

xsive

Post by xsive » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:53 am

none run over but i might have eaten 1 or two :wink:

xsive

Post by xsive » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:16 am

ok the downward spiral of luck continues i used to have a beaut centre console boat fully equiped stored in my mates shed couple klms away since he is rebuilding his trailer she has been in the locked yard .phone call this morning better come check the boat i think the kill tank seat is missing .so off i go and low and behold some scum sucking bottom feeder has jumped the fence and taken the kill tank storage seat $600 compleat with 4 life jackets $250 and full plano double sided lure box with all my lures about $1200 further investigation on the wraped console revealed that allso gone is my gps sounder plotter $1500 my 27 meg radio and my sterio another $450 and my cannon down rigger $400 so about $4500 worth they did however leave behind the antennas and cut wires god bless em so the word is out around the traps .the mood im in right now i would not like to be the ones responsible for this intrusion on my life damn it sucks to be me at the
momment :evil: by the way NO Insurance

78gold

Post by 78gold » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:29 pm

Steve,
They are lucky the dog didnt get em.
Hope you find the scum and get your bits back.
Regards
Nigel
Nigel
78 Gold

neale

Post by neale » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:51 pm

Steve,

I think you've made QUITE enough offerings to appease the luck fairies by now, here's hoping that all your luck from here on in is good.

( I was feelin' sorry for myself with MY run, a bit less so now, thanks to you. )

Neale
Neale
'85 XV1000 with some mods, getting there
'86 XT600Z, going under the knife ASAP

xsive

Post by xsive » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:00 pm

yeah thanks guys :oops: im allways here to take the pressure off some one else :cry: .want some more ? the harley i have been working on for a friend after he cut all the wires from all controls speedo taco etc and fitted the longest springer i have ever seen on a std frame .obviously it was not a viable proposition so it was decided to remove the offending unit from the bike and he is reselling on ebay .my job ontop of the removal was to refit the original front end minus the air over system reinstate the fork stops he cut off to fit the springer and replace 1 fork oil seal finish the wiring that im sure is not from an fxrs as no wiring diagrams show the same colours or where they go .so sorted with a multi meter and hours of headaches ready to reconect the after market controls head lamp flashers and relocate the digital taco /speedo fuel gauge idiot lights to the fuel tank panel no problems :roll: pulled down the fork leg for rebuild ,some one has put what looked and smelt like used gear or diff oil so both now needed to be rebuilt pulled down cleaned up ready for new parts .the guide bushes were shagged so waited over a week for parts so he asks can we polish all the front end cut away the speedo mountings etc from the top fork clamp and fit the 21 inch front wheel a disc caliper to the old forks no problem says me :roll: untill after hours of shaping cutting rebuilding on polishing the forks and trees .who didnt check the wheel ?me of cause the damn thing is for a wide glide front end and this one is narrow still waiting weather we have to relace this one to another hub or find a replacement ?so i still cant get the peice off shite off my buil stand and out the gate .im sick of it :x as i can not move it to get my xs chop out the back of the shed. after this mornings cr@p with the boat gear i said to mrs xsive im off for a ride on the shadow and i will be back later (maybe)when its out of my system . i now your just waiting for it ? well after doning no more than a skid lid t shirt and trackies i was off ( NOT) god damn flat battery ok jump stated the old girl to find the power cell is cactused so in disgust my shite is still pent up and im ready to explode any time soon.cheers all :evil: nuff said

Return to “Other stuff...”