HOWS YOUR LUCK?

A place to put pics of wild cars you own or come across as well as discussing other stuff of particular (legal & legitimate) interest...
78gold

Re: HOWS YOUR LUCK?

Post by 78gold » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:40 pm

Hey mate,
Wonna borrow a bonneville??, just siting in factory at moment, as about to move "hopefully"
Its got rego etc so ok to go (Rearsets and tommaselli bars make it more cafe than chop).
May also have a little job for you in about 6 weeks (Its even a paid one. lol).
Chin up.
Nigel
Nigel
78 Gold

xsive

Post by xsive » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:06 am

a bit more (this post is becoming more like a diary every day )
first the bad : after several months of preparing our new venture in to catering the truck was finaly usable ,all supplies paid for to cater for the hot rod and bike show (gladiators maitland ) clubhouse after show party, normal attendance from my last 10-15 years around the 700-1000 bodies .as we were the only food on site expectations were high . but alas many contributing factors (excusesthat i can think up )caused low attendance ,a major local event at kurri kurri,the loss of a major draw card long jump record holder that did not make a practice run at the show ground (R. I. P ), several other club bike runs on the same weekend that would normaly be there.you would not be able to swing a cat at this venue normaly ,maybe its just me but i think i probably could have found a table to sit at this year :cry: so the 24hr stint started with all systems go , a gust of wind picked up our brand new outer conopy cover as it could not be staked down with ropes as trip hazards and bitumen road set up ,we did however have 12 buckets of water roped down to the poles for stability i might add there was no sign of any wind and the conopy is free standing design attached to the vehicle BUT 1 gust of wind and 24 squre mts of roof and walls decided to head for space buckets and all .we were not trading at the time and a couple of garbages full of water solved the problem with minimal damage to the structure.we were ready AGAIN .so 24hrs became 36 hrs no sleep before show over and all back home cleaned up and packed away. the poor attendance caused approximately an 70-80% down turn in trade leaving us out of pocket for unusable (stock not able to be refrozen ect) mainly bread products to the tune of around $480 (total loss)
THE GOOD:
we had some very good friends help out to make this a success Nigel 78 gold travelled from sydney for nearly all of the show and is a master chef on the bbq onlytraveling back home at 5 in the morrning to carry on with his stuff moving etc (another legend)
Andrew Ol750 spent many hrs slaving away at finishing the custom conopy straight after his return from the silverton ride(he is SPECIAL) and also a Legend
Mrs xsive :Brother Chris:Heather :and of cause Jason our Herbatious boarder(cousin)
The set up and helpers worked like a well oiled machine and has given me inspiration for any following events, everthing just worked dispite the teathing problems
We managed to be able to give away the bread products etc to people less fortunate,so not a total loss in my opinion :D
So although not a profitable first event the proof is in the pudding that it works well .Some good some bad maybe the playing field is starting to level out finaly .
cheers XSIVE
IM NOT CRAZY ITS JUST OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF MY NORMALITY THAT DIFFERS

78gold

Post by 78gold » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:24 am

Steve,
Pity about the roll up as everything was set up well and everyone commented on being able to get a decent feed at a reasonable price.

Sorry I had to head off by 5:00am I thought if I didnt head then I wouldn't leave till Monday and her indoors would hang string and quarter me. When I got home I moved about a million boxes into the trailer and over to the outlaws, obviously still hyped up from the caffeine, then went home and packed a few more. Finally hit the pillow at about 1:30pm hoping to grab a couple of hours shut-eye then be up about 4 to 5 so that I could still get to sleep that night.

Woke up with a start thinking I had overslept, jumped up and headed out to get me dinner. They all thought it was hilarious, it was just after 2pm, yep I had slept for about 30 minutes. Anyway seemed to be enough and so I packed a couple of boxes of glasses etc from the bar.

Had a great day at the Glads, pity there wasn't greater numbers in attendance as we was ready. Steve, Leanne, Heather and even Jason :lol: were great company and I had a good time anyways. Steve you know if ya need a hand I will be there but remember, I dont do eggs, very well at least. :roll:

Hopefully this is the turn around for you, the hard works gotta pay off sometime.

Ride Safe
Nigel
Nigel
78 Gold

ol_750

Post by ol_750 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:20 am

8) Some teething problems but looks like its sorting out. Will have to set up the truck in my front yard so we can finish/ fine tune that canopy. 8)
Ride Hard Live Free
Twisties seperate the men from the boys
FarRider 413 "IT'S JUST A ROAD"
2 x XJ750RL , 4 x XJ900 , XS650 , XV1000 TR1,VN1500 Classic.

Tex

Post by Tex » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:12 am

Steve, Old Mate. Here's quote that I have always had filed away in my brain ........

"All of us have bad luck and good luck. The man who persists through bad luck - who keeps right on going - is the man who is there when the good luck comes - and is ready to receive it."

Lucky men are those men who have the ability and determination to overcome bad luck.

You da MAN!!

_______
Tex
Tex
(Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional)

Pygmy

Post by Pygmy » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:33 am

steve my good mate hang in there champ it will get better.
Two speeds... flat out and stop

xsive

Post by xsive » Mon May 13, 2013 11:02 pm

panel beater ready to put leannes mg in for the love tap repairs tommorow and tonight in coles car park some scum sucking bottom dweller scuffed up the right rear quarter panel over and including the wheel arch with a 4x4 and shot through :evil: a very nice lady waited for lea to come out and gave her the rego number of the shite bag he or she had better hope they have insurance .what next? who ever said things only come in threes
IM NOT CRAZY ITS JUST OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF MY NORMALITY THAT DIFFERS

Return to “Other stuff...”