Melbourne

A place to put pics of wild cars you own or come across as well as discussing other stuff of particular (legal & legitimate) interest...
78gold

Melbourne

Post by 78gold » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:53 pm

Heading down to Melbourne for the week, Driving a van down with me Harley in back.
Getting some work done on Harley then riding home, leaving Van at Melb office,
must admit a bit worried about the current situation down there.

Feel like a bit of a meat in the sandwich, not a member of a motorcycle gang and PC plod is cracking down, most likely on all riders.

Wonder if better off leaving bike in Melbourne at me Brothers place and flying home.
Could fly down a couple of weeks later and pick up.

But I will probably just run the gauntlet, not sure a 52 year old, overweight softie like me could get into too much trouble even if I tried.
Will be riding back out through Ballarat, Bendigo (for work) and may even drop in on a few guys at Yakandandah on Sat night.

I will try and take some picks of the ride back, but I usually get too caught up in the ride. Be interesting to see how much difference 103 cubes will make over the 88.

Be good and I hope to see you all later.

Mark and Paul I will be in dandy Sun night through to Wed night but will not have the bike.

Ride Safe
Nigel
Nigel
78 Gold

Mark36

Re: Melbourne

Post by Mark36 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:18 pm

G'day Nigel, are you dropping your bike off as soon as you get here or will you still have it for the weekend? If you want to catch up for dinner one night let me know. Either way I'll give you a ring over the weekend. I wouldn't worry about riding your bike around Melbourne, you'll have no problems. Cheers Mark

78gold

Post by 78gold » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:44 pm

Mark,
I get down Sunday and drop bike off 8:00 am.
Working Monday and Monday night till about 7:00pm
I will have the Van for transport till bike done.
Be good to catch up.
Regards
Nigel
Nigel
78 Gold

Mark36

Post by Mark36 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:18 am

How does Tuesday night counter meal sound? I have a mate who owns a pub up in the hills only about 20 mins away, good tucker and cold beer. If that works for you I'll give you a ring on Tuesday to figure out where to meet. Cheers Mark

78gold

Post by 78gold » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:01 pm

Mark,
Sounds good, talk Tuesday
Ride Safe
Nigel
Nigel
78 Gold

Return to “Other stuff...”