Anti BIKE (Not Bikie) Laws Qld.

A place to put pics of wild cars you own or come across as well as discussing other stuff of particular (legal & legitimate) interest...
Tex

Anti BIKE (Not Bikie) Laws Qld.

Post by Tex » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:15 am

Here's a good site about what's happening in Queensland. "HOME" also has some good info.

http://motorbikewriter.com/2013/10/12/p ... ypetition/

Signatures requested. Thanks.
Tex
(Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional)

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Re: Anti BIKE (Not Bikie) Laws Qld.

Post by Prof » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:02 pm

thanks for the link Tex.

But, only 100 motorcyclists? Where were the other 10,000? Perhaps it wasn't well advertised, but unless the same number turn up to rallies as they do to Toy Runs, the government get a clear message... we are not that concerned.

I spent a couple of years fighting the gun laws in the 80's after Hoddle street and Tasmania (a set up if ever there was one) and found that gun owners who were then a significant proportion of SA voters, couldn't be bothered.

They were also conned by the old successful ploy of divide and conquer. Focus on military style semi autos first. Then take all semi autos and pump shotguns, then go for large calibre pistols... when they are out to get every gun out of civilian hands.

I see the same here. Divide the nation by focussing on one group of criminals, the outlaw clubs and you can stir up public support... but your real aim is to bring in laws to override our personal freedoms such as right to trial by jury, right to appeal, right to speedy trial, right to see and question witnesses, right to associate, right to proper judicial process of entry to private property etc

Russian and Calabrian mafia, Chinese triads etc must be laughing their heads off!

On a different note, heard the other day that breathalysing in SA is bringing in very few convictions so breathalyser units are mainly employed to issue defects. Whether this is true I don't know, but is typical of government thinking.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Pygmy

Post by Pygmy » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:22 pm

I went on the united motor cycle protest ride in the Adelaide hills didn't see any choppers aust members on the ride except me, funny that.
Two speeds... flat out and stop

ol_750

Post by ol_750 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:08 am

8) Been following on some bike group web sites & facebook.
Signed the partision already & emailed Newman.
Theres talk on the affect on tourism as many social bike groups wont go to QLD anymore.
Ride Hard Live Free
Twisties seperate the men from the boys
FarRider 413 "IT'S JUST A ROAD"
2 x XJ750RL , 4 x XJ900 , XS650 , XV1000 TR1,VN1500 Classic.

Silent Grey Fellow

Post by Silent Grey Fellow » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:55 am

WHEN INJUSTICE BECOMES LAW
RESISTANCE IS DUTY

KEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT GUYS
Silent Grey Fellow

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:12 am

Pygmy wrote:I went on the united motor cycle protest ride in the Adelaide hills didn't see any choppers aust members on the ride except me, funny that.
How did you find out about the ride, Pygmy? Didn't even know there was one...
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Prof

Post by Prof » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:06 pm

I had no news of the ride Pygmy. If you find out about anything like that put up a post with the details so we know about it.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

ol_750

Post by ol_750 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:21 pm

Bearcx wrote:
Pygmy wrote:I went on the united motor cycle protest ride in the Adelaide hills didn't see any choppers aust members on the ride except me, funny that.
How did you find out about the ride, Pygmy? Didn't even know there was one...
UMC has a facebook page for the different states.
Ride Hard Live Free

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:11 pm

Aaah, that explains it. I don't Facebook/Fango/Twitter/Skype whatever. Maybe someone could put a thread up next time, and more riders may turn up.

Prof

Post by Prof » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:42 pm

I used to get regular emails and I have spent some time talking with the guys.

A problem for most Choppers Australia fellows is that they ride choppers... and there are lots of cops looking forwards to issuing lots of defect notices... most of us wouldn't stand a chance...

Stock bikes on the other hand have a better chance of avoiding defects or just get hit for noise... a simple job of swapping pipes which is a bit easier and cheaper than a new frame and forks etc.

So only the guys who own a stock bike as well as their chopper would likely be able to go and survive the ride. I have explained that to the organisers prior to the initial protest rides and they are quite ok with that.

But I still put up any runs here that they do if I know about them so that those of us who can, can go.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

xsive

Post by xsive » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:53 am

Maybe its time to rethink how we modify our bikes within the given rules and regulations of the powers to be ....then we would be able to ride them with out the risk of persecution from constable plod n the day light hours?
IM NOT CRAZY ITS JUST OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF MY NORMALITY THAT DIFFERS

Tex

Post by Tex » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:39 am

xsive wrote:Maybe its time to rethink how we modify our bikes within the given rules and regulations of the powers to be ....then we would be able to ride them with out the risk of persecution from constable plod n the day light hours?
Tongue firmly planted in the side of the cheek!!

Beware the Censor also! Our Freedoms are being attacked from all angles.
Tex
(Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional)

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:51 pm

I agree with you, xsive, but try as you might, the rules get changed every year, they're not the same in each state, and although you or I may build a bike to within a millimetre of every rule in the book, Mr Plod don't know any better and will defect you because he doesn't like the LOOK of your bike.
Off to the defect centre, pay money to Govt, and back out on the street to wait for the next ignorant officer to pull you over..............

Just a thought.

neale

Post by neale » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Actually, as well as us, I feel sorry for the (albeit small minority of) decent cops, we don''t see them much nowadays but there still some out there who are trying to do good for the community and help people.

One example that comes to mind was on the way home from Mushter last year, came over at a servo to give me a friendly warning about running a pod filter without a cover being a pingable item ( NB: checked with a senior registry guy and it IS, not often used but they can ), and not open it up near cops with those pipes, and to complement the bike, QUITE a contrast from Donnie's mate from Singleton, Cunstable Smith, whom we'd had dealings with the day before.

So yeah. I'd like to back over some of them a few times, but it doesn't hurt to remember that they aren't all bad.

Polis who come up with stupid shite like this, though, they should all be run out of the country. I truly hope that sanity returns and it gets overturned.

FWIW

Neale
Neale
'85 XV1000 with some mods, getting there
'86 XT600Z, going under the knife ASAP

ol_750

Post by ol_750 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:04 am

:shock: Smith pulled me up for rideing "suspiciously" on the way home from the mushter this year.
Seems riding in the right hand wheel track is acting suspiciously. . :shock: 8)
Ride Hard Live Free

Return to “Other stuff...”