Riding Etiquette

A place to put pics of wild cars you own or come across as well as discussing other stuff of particular (legal & legitimate) interest...
markee

Riding Etiquette

Post by markee » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:15 pm

Any comments/stories re biker behaviour in queue's of traffic. eg: line of cars waiting to get into a swap meet. Ok to ride to the front of line as they normally have plenty of parking spots?. What about waiting for a river ferry? Ok for one or two bikes to go to front as won't effect a car missing out on getting on? What about a long line waiting at ferry & say 10 bikes rollup? I suppose car drivers would be less inclined to say something to multiple riders though. Eastern state guys, does this happen at toll booths?. I'm talking about us sort of bike riders not 50 batch boys in a group.

Bearcx

Re: Riding Etiquette

Post by Bearcx » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:23 am

If I'm out on a leisurely cruise, I sit in line at traffic lights, like all the other sheep. Don't like jumping the queue, as it offends when I get it done back to me. Not to say I haven't done it, or still do, just 95% of the time. Prefer being at "pole position" at the lights, so I can leave the mass of steel cages behind me, and have a clear road to myself. :D
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:13 am

General road riding.....i look after no 1 - so i get pole and ride in a death trap free zone.....if i haveto cut /split lanes, so be it.

I split lanesconstantly in the city, why? Fk em thats why.

When i get regional i only do it if someone irritates me....(happens easily - could be just a brake sitter or something)

Approaching Q in regional setting, hey we'll all get there, just take my turn.

In City, we'll all get there......only ill be there 1st.

Riding in a group.....illl ride where i ride, if your not comfy with it....move.

Very easy going really. in a Attila the Hun kind odd of way
Does not work or play well with others
Loud pipes save lives
"These are not the Droids you're looking for"

Silent Grey Fellow

Post by Silent Grey Fellow » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:12 am

RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT. :twisted:
Silent Grey Fellow

Return to “Other stuff...”