Crack Cocaine?

Here you can talk about anything not bike related, Beer, Cakes, Music, Bands etc
Neo Dutch

Crack Cocaine?

Post by Neo Dutch » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:14 pm

Are the idiots that decide what TV shows make it to air, on it? Just heard an ad for "Don't Forget the Lyrics". What the hell is this load of cr@p. No talent A-holes wail their way through popular songs, with the prize going to the one who knows all the words. Sounds just like "The Singing Bee" that's on a different channel, but without the clever title.

Someone once said that TV is a medium, neither rare, nor well done.
Don't let your luggage define your travels.

Spokes

Post by Spokes » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:53 pm

Ya wanna see something really depressing?
Watch the 6 oclock news. And then if you haven't been depressed enough by the amount stupidity we are surrounded by.. then watch 'A current affair' or 'Today/Tonight' afterwards and see how the commercial media will stoop to new lows in order to bring you a story that isn't really interesting in the first place but will never fail to insult every ounce of intelligence you possess.
Harleys SUCK - Real men ride Yamaha's - FAST

SGT

Post by SGT » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:55 am

Totally agree with your thoughts on the dribble that screens on the idiot box these days.
I get frustrated with the way these tv networks show absolute garbage programs and then expect us to vote via a 55 cent SMS to keep the their wallets nice and fat.
It all about the money generating potential of a program, not the intellectual quality. What does the future hold for TV programs...... I don't even want to think about it.
"OK, so what's the speed of dark?"

Chucky

Post by Chucky » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:02 pm

I haven't owned a TV since 2003, thats not to say I don't watch a little here and there but if you take the leap to not having one you will be amazed how much more you get done and how much more you see your mates.

Plus it's great not having a clue whats going on in the world.

chux

pullmyfinga

Post by pullmyfinga » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:24 pm

We used to have Foxtel but gave up on it nearly 2 years ago because of all the repeats. Had a look on their website the other week out of curiosity and saw they were showing the same series episodes we saw as repeats 2 years ago. They charge people for this !

shane

Post by shane » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:51 am

television?......what's that?........to quote a line from a classic aussie film,
'the pictures are better on the wireless' :lol: :wink:
goals always achieved,but not always the right ones set.

Return to “Off Topic Forum!!!”