PROBLEM SOLVED

Here you can talk about anything not bike related, Beer, Cakes, Music, Bands etc
CASH_ONLY

PROBLEM SOLVED

Post by CASH_ONLY » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:01 pm

Hi guys, anyone on here used a cheap mug welder from eBay or other source? I can get one for under 200 bucks, will it be any good?? Teaching myself btw
Last edited by CASH_ONLY on Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2002 TA SHADOW, it may be small, but it's my first I'm I've ever worked on myself, *#@** the factory's, do it in your garage!

Cromag

Re: eBay mig welders

Post by Cromag » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:45 pm

Mate, iam currently sving for a 'Rossi' inverter welder to b sourced on e bay for about $42o.

why? well ive seen one in action and the pluses are

15Amp plug
spark starter on the electric arc rod for easy ignition
can be used as a TIG
can be used as a plasma cutter......

saw it in use, thought, iam gonna get one.......
Does not work or play well with others
Loud pipes save lives
"These are not the Droids you're looking for"

KBG

Post by KBG » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:01 pm

I bought a cheap MIG off ebay to build a verandah and it was just about had it after that.
The wire feed played up and the hand piece was crap too many moving parts on a MIG to scimp on price.
But Depends if you intend to use it very much I guess.
some meaningless dribble

CASH_ONLY

Post by CASH_ONLY » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:30 pm

I'm going to teach myself to fabricate, tank, fenders and so on, so I guess ill be using it to practice on, I guess if I get it I'll spend the money on a decent one...
2002 TA SHADOW, it may be small, but it's my first I'm I've ever worked on myself, *#@** the factory's, do it in your garage!

xsive

Post by xsive » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:28 pm

if you can afford it a unimig or similar will be worth the investment as once you have mastered the art you will be hooked for life and will probably build every thing you can with steel just cause ya can :lol: allso make sure it gas /gasless because you will not be happy with the results from gasless wire ,is ok if only a hack job on a gate or some thing but not so good for the delicate stuff you plan to weld tanks gaurds ect gas hire will allso be a little costly but much better job ,good luck
IM NOT CRAZY ITS JUST OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF MY NORMALITY THAT DIFFERS

KBG

Post by KBG » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:42 pm

If your welding up tanks the oxy rules.
some meaningless dribble

gages

Post by gages » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:03 am

I bought a Lincoln welder for 890 bucks brand new ,gas less and gas it's an awesome machine and the gas less function is as good as gas except for the cleanup of the actual weld
Good machine and quality back up
I would save my money a little longer and get a machine that will last longer with back up service and parts

Triker_chewie

Post by Triker_chewie » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:54 am

buy a used machine. i buy mine not working and repair them myself. not everyones option tho
ive got an ebay tig and had to fix it right out of the box. chinese chit

CASH_ONLY

PROBLEM SOLVED

Post by CASH_ONLY » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:29 pm

thanks guys for your info, guess ill be saving my money for a decent machine, as if im going to get sick of chopping lol

Return to “Off Topic Forum!!!”