This what you can expect riding a motorcycle in Queensland

Here you can talk about anything not bike related, Beer, Cakes, Music, Bands etc
Neo Dutch

Re: This what you can expect riding a motorcycle in Queensla

Post by Neo Dutch » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:43 pm

Your use of the word "gestapo" is just as offensive as those other internet memes.
Don't let your luggage define your travels.

Neo Dutch

Post by Neo Dutch » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:46 pm

gages wrote:Disgusting, hope the police when they watch this understand why people don't like cops
Maybe if the fellow in the video had simply handed over his license when asked, they would have said "Thanks, Have a nice day now".

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:28 pm

You could be right Neo. They may have been satisfied.

I guess the guy has been questioned so many times he does have some justification for trying to stand up against them. In SA when they first brought in the laws, the harassment by cops of the protest runs was disgraceful. One friend who was on one run reported how one guy was defected for welding showing on his handlebars. A few bikes down the line another rider received a defect for the welding on his bars not being visible... by the same cop! Further down the line, a bike was defected for having too much chrome and therefor being a distraction to other drivers.

We met three guys just average HD riders (no patches, quite clean) where were pulled over three times on a day run from York Peninsular to the Murray. When they finally asked what the heck was going on they were told the police had instructions to pull over every Harley rider and book them if possible!

I have not been harassed on my chopper in recent times, but have had cops at my door accusing me of being a drug dealer (me??!! I don't even smell them they are being used around me... that's how much I know about drugs) but nevertheless our house was searched and they pushed us every which way to 'confess' had even been tracking our movements. My wife has had a copper point a 12 guage (without checking it) at her face from 5' away as a couple of stupid cops ensured our guns are "safely' stored... that scared her silly and she goes into freeze mode any time she comes face to face with one.

We recently took some rifles into a local police station for registration only to have them all confiscated and then being threatened with criminal charges because my wife had supposedly handed in her licence... they were able to get away with this because the firearms branch had just closed, so no immediate check by phone could be done. It was a load of rubbish of course. We called the firearms branch next day and there was nothing wrong with her licence. Took numerous phone calls and time and another thirty miles travel to the station in question to get them back.

Being harassed by arrogant police leaves a bad in one's mouth, not to mention the stress and time and money wasted especially if you have to fight it in court. One friend has spent ten years trying to get to court with clear photographic evidence of illegal merchandise being planted in his shop by police. He's spent thousands and his health has been seriously affected. Finally being heard shortly.

I guess I call then the Gestapo because that's how they are acting. Could call them the NKVD I suppose.

I assume there are some decent coppers out there and I have met one of two who on the surface seem ok. Recently, I was given a warning when I could have been booked for passing on a double line, but the copper understood it was not dangerous and justified to some extent by the circumstances... and I very much appreciated that and said so.

There was a time when the coppers were mostly local and respected because they mixed in the community and didn't push people unless fully justified. I assume they were more accountable ie had to demonstrate good cause, would not enter a premises without a proper warrant and showed restraint. They no longer bother with warrants in SA and seem to becoming more arrogant by the day. It's a worry.

Read some of Alexander Solzhenitsyn on what they realised once they were in the Gulags and you will see why some people are getting very upset with out black shirted friends.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

gages

Post by gages » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:29 am

Neo Dutch wrote:
gages wrote:Disgusting, hope the police when they watch this understand why people don't like cops
Maybe if the fellow in the video had simply handed over his license when asked, they would have said "Thanks, Have a nice day now".

Maybe but I bet they wouldn't have with what 4 other policeman standing around and instructions from above to hassle and intimidate citizens who by chance ride motorcycles , I have just had a friend in QLD suffer the same thing 9 times in 16 days on his way to work making him late and the worst part and another reason why people start to hate police the last 2 times involved coppers who had been involved in previous pull overs ,
Yep SOME of them are just a users and abusers of power and they are the ones that get hated for it or is that OK ?

Neo Dutch

Post by Neo Dutch » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:00 pm

Yeah, a mate of my grandpa's cousin's ex girlfriend's son's dog washing chick said she read the same thing on the internet just yesterday.

Return to “Off Topic Forum!!!”