BUY ONLY BIRDSEYE AND EDGELL
Think about this:
The ONLY Australian manufacturer of frozen Australian grown vegetables (Simplot Australia) is not far from closing because a number of the other well-known Australian brands have moved their plants to New Zealand in order to capture the Chinese vegetable market where they market via New Zealand to Australian tables (without the food being labelled specifically as Chinese) and Simplot is finding it hard to compete.
This was shown on the program Landline on the ABC (Sunday 15/9).
SHOULD SIMPLOT CLOSE, THIS MEANS THAT NO AUSTRALIAN GROWN FROZEN VEGETABLES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ALL AND WE WILL BE RELYING ON FOOD GROWN TOTALLY OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA .
For a number of reasons this is not a good situation.
1. As most people know, other countries do not necessarily have the strict guidelines for growing their vegetables that Australia has and by buying Australian we can be sure that lethal chemicals that may be used in other countries will not be used on Australian vegetables.
2. We would be losing Australians jobs.
3. If ever the world became unstable regarding wartime we would not be able to feed ourselves
It is imperative that we all support these Australian brands selling good Australian vegetable products (via Simplot): Birdseye and Edgell.
Next time you shop, please think about the future of Australian food.
What do you reckon folks? Let’s buy Birdseye and Edgell.
Some of us love our designer labels. We buy premium brand shoes, premium brand clothing and well known premium perfumes and handbags.
BUT ... we also look buy the cheapest food we can for our children to eat. That doesn't make sense.
This is so true. The farmers in Tasmania are extremely worried about Simplot's impending closure. They also have a lone food processing plant in Bathurst subjected to the same uncertainty.
If these last remaining plants close, it means that China then has total control over our fresh/frozen vegie industry.
It is particularly disturbing to see that Chinese-grown vegetables are coming in branded as a product of New Zealand .
PLEASE PASS THIS TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN
Here you can talk about anything not bike related, Beer, Cakes, Music, Bands etc
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Founder, Choppers Australia
- Posts: 5801
- Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:54 pm
- Location: Willunga, South Australia