Sorry about lack of updates...

LOTS OF HOW TO CHOPPER PROJECT REPORTS... We build choppers the old school way... craftsmanship and artistry. Photos of our work to give you ideas... Aftermarket parts, parts for Shovels, CB's and XS's, our own unique parts for sale...
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Sorry about lack of updates...

Post by Prof » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:50 pm

Been flat out and come in to bushed at night to set up photos and posts on the projects in here.

However will get things up dated soon. Jason's Rev Tech rigid is almost done... painted a very cool metal flake and he's almost finished the wiring.

We have a problem with the primary drive belt which is very tight. As the gearbox can not be moved because of the fixed inner case, we can't adjust it and no belts are available with one more tooth. I understand that primary belt tension should be such that the belt can be tilted at 45 degrees at the half way point. This one will tilt about 5 degrees. Way too tight in my books. I am afraid he will either break the belt or do in his bearings.

Any comments from anyone who knows a solution.

Jett is back tomorrow and has time off to get his KZ 750 chopper finished and Terry's XS 650 is all done but for wiring.

Anyway I'll give you step by step posts soon.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Bearcx

Re: Sorry about lack of updates...

Post by Bearcx » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:25 am

Smaller bolts, slotted holes, longer belt with a tensioner..??
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Re: Sorry about lack of updates...

Post by Prof » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:21 pm

Terry took his xs 650 for its first run today. A big grin as he blasted up the road. Have to do the whole build on here yet.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “The Chopper Shed”