Repairable write off

LOTS OF HOW TO CHOPPER PROJECT REPORTS... We build choppers the old school way... craftsmanship and artistry. Photos of our work to give you ideas... Aftermarket parts, parts for Shovels, CB's and XS's, our own unique parts for sale...
markee

Repairable write off

Post by markee » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:53 pm

We fixed up a repairable write off for Triumph America for Jett. Also awaiting Regency

Would be interesting hearing what went thru in repairing/replacing parts prior to Regency inspections

jett
Interests: music, choppers, books.

Re: Repairable write off

Post by jett » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:32 pm

Got the Triumph all fixed up thanks to great work from Prof, Jason, Terry and myself.
Took it into Regency. Super nice chap (Chris) there took me through.
Comes out after doing the inspection to let me know that there is a problem, my heart sinks. He tells me that he is happy that the bike is good as new but that Peter Stevens (Australian importer of Triumphs) mis-printed the compliance plate and got the VIN number one digit out. He guides me through what to do with Peter Stevens so off to the city I go. The people at Peter Stevens were helpful and ordered the new compliance plate saying that it should be ready early next week. The saga continues...

jsalt

Post by jsalt » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:51 am

You just can't get a brake can you. Damn. That bike looks good to . Hope all ends well .
8)
I hear voices and they have some good ideas!

jett
Interests: music, choppers, books.

Post by jett » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:52 pm

All finished up! it has been through Regency, got plates, all good to go. And now i am selling it so that i can finish off building my chopper. Ha.
Check it out:
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/norwood/ ... 1120319126

Return to “The Chopper Shed”