MEGA RIDE; THE STORY

All Posts relevant to the Mega Ride in here please!!

Teh latest

Postby XSChop » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:27 pm

OK well we are all at Ollie's wonderful abode at Keilor having a great time.
Everyone has had fun ( you WILL have fun !!) and got wet and cold and blown about and stuck in traffic ....
Here are the pics.

NSW group preparing to leave

NSW Group first night at Dunedoo

Dubbo campsite in the morning

Dubbo Breakfast at the Castlereagh Hotel

Going down the road

Lunch stop after Dubbo

Narrandera Hotel

Breakfast at Narrandera

Fixing bikes at the border

Ollie's Carport

Dinner at Ollie's
Last edited by XSChop on Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not about the Bling /:~)>
Well maybe a bit !
XSChop

Re: Teh latest

Postby Bacca » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:46 pm

Great pics, thanks.

The excitement builds, tomorrow I ride too! :D
Bacca

Postby ShovelShane » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:59 pm

Looks like some damn good fun there fellas, hope everything keeps going good for ya's.

Anyone heard how PC is getting along?? Sure he will be putting in some extra k's to try and catch up with the group.
See no Evo, Hear no Evo, Ride no Evo
ShovelShane

more info

Postby ol_750 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:42 am

Hi Guys
Last we heard PC & Crew were staying onite in Narrandera, & were catching up with the guys in the workshop , then leaving about lunch time going via Geelong while the rest leave in the morning going the longer way via the ferry .
Cheers Andrew B
Ride Hard Live Free
Twisties seperate the men from the boys
FarRider 413 "IT'S JUST A ROAD"
2 x XJ750RL , 4 x XJ900 , XS650 , XV1000 TR1,VN1500 Classic.
ol_750

Postby Ol Fart » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:15 pm

Its 9.30 Wednesay night. Keith and Tiff and Pommychopper arrived here at about 5.00 this afternoon, cold wet and tired. They've showered, eaten and now along with Stokes, Madis, Bobbazooki, John and Gringo, are making a large hole in the beer supplies. Our plan is to leave here in the morning at about 8 - 8.30, hopefully make it through to Port Macdonnel to meet the SA crew.
It'll be a big day, but the bikes are all running well, Keith will be on a Victory Vision and Tiff will ride the Trumpy. Hopefully the weather will clear a bit and the Great Ocean Road will offer another breathtaking vista for the tourists.
I will post again in the morning.
Olly
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

www.independentparts.com.au
Ol Fart

Wednesdays Ride

Postby ol_750 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:16 pm

Windy & rainy as usuall in Melbourne.
Went to the bike shop near Ol Farts workshop where some of the guys were working on their bikes.
We took the long way to The great Ocean road.
We rode through Melb then caught the ferry
Then had a good ride through the start of the Great Ocean Road , meet up with a few other CA guys.
Now at Apollo Bay Van park eating pizza & a few drinks.
Ride Hard Live Free
Twisties seperate the men from the boys
FarRider 413 "IT'S JUST A ROAD"
2 x XJ750RL , 4 x XJ900 , XS650 , XV1000 TR1,VN1500 Classic.
ol_750

Postby Ol Fart » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:52 am

Wednesday Morning, October 14th
By this stage there are two groups. the group above and the group that comprises, Pommy Chopper, Keith and Tiffani from the US, Spokes, Bobbazooki, Madis, Gringo and John and me.
Pommy and Keith were held up in brisbane for a day, spokes, Bobbazooki and Gringo had to do some running repairs and decided to stay at the shed to fix them, Madis found an old set of goat horn bars haning in the rafters at my shed and decided to fit them and john decided to hang around and help the lads with the running repairs, and do the cooking.
Keith and Tiffani arrived on a bike borrowed from Midnight in Brisbane. Its a great bike but it didnt have a sissy bar and for a long trip, Tiffani needed one, so I managed to borrow a Victory Vision demo bike from the Victory showroom in Melbourne. Really comfortable.
After another night of eating, and only a small amount of drinking, (all the rest of the beer and another 40 slabs) we hit the road at about 10 am on Thursday morning.
We went straight down the Geelong highway, it was wet, on to the Geelong bypass, and into Anglesea, then Aireys Inlet to fuel up. After a photo op at the Great Ocean Road sign, it was wet, we went into Lorne and had lunch at the Pacific Hotel.
The weather was cold, the roads slippery and it was overcast. We had occasional rain squalls and it was wet. the next stop was to be Warrnambool or weather permitting Port Macdonnel.
John and me headed out fast, me on the borrowed Vision, Keith and Tiffani where on my Vision and the rest where in hot persuit.
We arrived at Lavers Hill at about 3.30 and eventually, Spokes, Bobbazooki, Pommy and Madis arrived.
We waited for about 20 minutes and I decided to head back towards Apollo Bay and see what was holding up Keith and Gringo.
About 4 K's down the raod, there it was, a wrecked Vision a forlorn looking Keith and a bruised and battered Tiffani.
A wet, greasy, muddy bend in the road had caused bike to slip out from under them.
The happy couple, Keith and Tiffani from the US.

This copper was a nice young fella. He told us that on this very same corner, two weeks previously, the Police Nissan Patrol rolled and was totalled. As I was cleaning up the broken bits of the Vic, I found parts of other wrecked vehicles including the tacho dial off a Suzuki bike, still in good condition, hadnt been there long
They are both OK but Tiffani has a bit of a limp and there are also a couple seriously bruised and dented ego's and some changes to the travel plans.
We called the ambo's, tow truck, Insurance company ( another story ) and after loading the wrecked bike onto the tow truck, we all headed off to Colac for the night.
After dinner at the Colac Hotel, a couple of drinks and several hundred dollars worth of Tequila shots, we drifted off to bed.
In the morning, Keith and Tiff had decided that as we were in Colac and still had at least 9 hours of riding ahead of us, they didnt have a bike, Tiff was bruised and sore, and it was wet, so they, with Pommy and myself, decided to head back to Melbourne, Keith and Tiff on the train, Me and Pommy on the bikes.
The rest waited in Colac while Bobbazooki did some running repairs to his bike and then headed off in the rain.

This couple, Kirsty and Loic, stopped at the scene of the accident and opened up their caravan and made cups of hot tea for the Americans and generally made sure that Tiff was comfortable.
Spokes and the Honda Chopper
The Estoian Prospekt, Madis, the Nom. exceptionally good young bloke. a real pleasure to meet you mate, enjoy the rest of your stay in Australia and if your ever back in Melbourne, drop in.
Bobba's little Suzuki single. Epitomises the custom, build your own, backyard chopper.
...and the man himself, Bobbazooki.
Spokes, nice hair mate.
No bike, no more mega ride, not happy Jan.
Gringo, the other Honda chopper with our group. Nice ignition switch mate.
John, Bigfella, big drinker, big help, big stories and a big heart.
The Estonian Mafia.
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

www.independentparts.com.au
Ol Fart

Postby Cromag » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:00 am

An old Aussie saying "Youre not having fun until someone calls an ambulance".......no one to my recollection said anything about the police, or tow trucks.....at this rate by time you lot hit Adelaide and CA HQ you will have the local CFA (Country Fire Authority), the SES (State emergancy Service) The Army Reserve and the blessed Salvo's out....thats one hell of a party.
Cromag

Postby 1200 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:02 am

I hope the rest of the trip is safe, It's a great story so far

Postby midnight7503 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:56 pm

Glad to see both are well, bikes can be replaced, and yes I'd still be saying that, if they'd come off the Triumph also, hope everyone still has fun.
“There is no heaven, there is no hell, except here on Earth.”
midnight7503

Postby 74chopper » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:16 pm

Bummer bout the Accident guys, glad keith and tiffany are OK, looking forward to meeting em on return to brisbane... stay uprite blokes[/img]
Cheers Rob
750/4 choppers Rock
74chopper

Postby Happosai » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Glad to hear all are safe

Funny how things dont always turn out how we planned.

Hap
I used to be Vague...................Now I'm not so sure
Happosai

A couple of phone pics.

Postby Bearcx » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:30 pm

A few shots I took on my mobile, story to follow...........
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.
Bearcx

Postby Chucky » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:28 am

But look on the funny side, the tail light on the victory looks like Borat's Mankini! :D :D
Chucky

Postby Bearcx » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:58 am

....and from this day forth, it shall be known as the "Victory Mankini" :lol:
Last edited by Bearcx on Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.
Bearcx

PreviousNext

Return to Mega Ride 2009