MEGA RIDE; THE STORY

All Posts relevant to the Mega Ride in here please!!
KeithinSB

Post by KeithinSB » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:07 pm

1 year ago today......

Image Image

ouch......

Colac was the end of my voyage south.....
Wife needed to recover for the ride back to QlD.....

Hope to be back soon.....
Ride it like you can fix it.

Tex

Post by Tex » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:19 pm

Ahhhh........ the memories Keith!!

Somewhere over the rainbow ....... ?? Lies a Victory??

Come back soon. Most of us didn't get to meet you & yours last time!

_______
Tex

BobbaZooki

Post by BobbaZooki » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:08 pm

That was a HUGE night we had in Colac , had 2 beer's left in the fridge , wrecked bodies strewn thru the room , Yeah it was awesome .
Try and make for the 2011 Keithy mate , i'll be the bomb like the one we just had.

Looking back , i can't believe the amount of dialog that went on for the 1st ever Muster in Adelaide , a whole forum devoted to it , the pros and con's of this and that , what route to take , and where to go , etc etc etc.
Only a couple of page's for this year's one . The lack of enthusiastic involvement was pitiful and disappointing when so many of us made a huge effort to go down last year , and do / did the same this year , it's hard to try and promote a "lifestyle" that only seem to be enjoyed on paper(computer) and not in reality .

xsive

yep

Post by xsive » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:00 am

HERE -=HERE
IM NOT CRAZY ITS JUST OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF MY NORMALITY THAT DIFFERS

KeithinSB

Post by KeithinSB » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:12 pm

Thanks guys!

I can't tell you how much I miss Aus and all you that I met (and all that I talked to and didn't get to meet).....

I'm saving for the next trip!!

How hard do you think it would be to be an illegal alien if I didn't want to leave next time???

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:18 pm

The local Victory dealer wants you back too. They've offered a free "how to ride the worlds easiest bike to ride" course.
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

www.independentparts.com.au

dg6oo2

Post by dg6oo2 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:51 pm

I,ve heard of a dirty winner ,but a dirty victory. I guess it proves that a victory isnt all good, if you cant do circle work with it :lol: :lol: :lol:
friends welcome family by appiontment only.

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:06 pm

Wha???
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:32 pm

Bobba the people who came to Mega Ride wanted and were able to, no one put anyone under any obligation to go.

This year was stated by organisers to be the first NSW annual Mushter, not a return Mega Ride. There were a number I know of from SA who wanted to go to Mushter but couldn't and the same for other states... but don't spoil it for us by rubbing it in that we didn't get there.

When a reverse Mega Ride was suggested by the participants down here a number cautioned that within a year was too soon for most.

CA rides and activities are no obligation, no pressure, obviously the more who get to rides the greater atmosphere there is and I try to encourage everyone to get to as many as possible, but it individual's decisions.

Early in CA's history a group of members were trying to differentiate between 'active' and 'inactive' members by the number of rides they attended... very uncool, we all have our reasons for being members and unfortunately most of us are no longer 20 and without resposibility.

I for one would be on the long open road 13 months of the year if I could be.

I also know how easy it is to stay in our comfort zones(I'm sure what Bobba is talking about) on those cold nights and rainy days and sit in front of the goggle box... and so I will often take off for a few hours after work just to stay 'in the groove"... I sure feel much better for it.

So keep encouraging each other to hit the pavement... just be careful not to make people feel second rate it they don't.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

KeithinSB

Post by KeithinSB » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:41 am

Ol Fart wrote:The local Victory dealer wants you back too. They've offered a free "how to ride the worlds easiest bike to ride" course.
I didn't know Victory offered a Harley riding class??

Got a fresh picture of the 750/4 Olly?
Its been a year this weekend....

BobbaZooki

Post by BobbaZooki » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:25 am

KeithinSB wrote:
Ol Fart wrote:The local Victory dealer wants you back too. They've offered a free "how to ride the worlds easiest bike to ride" course.

Three bloke's walk into a bar ....... a pommy ... a Yank ... and an Aussie .................

BobbaZooki

Post by BobbaZooki » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:50 am

Andrew CA Admin wrote:Bobba the people who came to Mega Ride wanted and were able to, no one put anyone under any obligation to go.

Hey .... I'm not wanting to start any "debate" here , I was just reflecting on last year . Believing it was a annuall event this year ..... i guess i was wrong ..

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:59 am

See Regional run forum for some suggestons on annual events...
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:28 am

Keith, you piscatorialist, HTF are you dude?
I made some new braketry for the rear brake and currently have that out getting welded. Ditched the new fangled old school looking battery holder, see website, and await about 40 spare hours to get her finished. I think I'll see another birthday before I get her fired up. Big hello to the Tiffster.
750/4 Sonic chopper.

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:35 am

Oh Bobbazooki, look what you've done now. I hear "Macarthur Park" playing in the background.
And Keith, wash your mouth out.
750/4 Sonic chopper.

Return to “Mega Ride 2009”