MEGA RIDE; THE STORY

All Posts relevant to the Mega Ride in here please!!
BobbaZooki

Post by BobbaZooki » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:42 am

Ol Fart wrote:Oh Bobbazooki, look what you've done now. I hear "Macarthur Park" playing in the background.
:D :D :D .. change the station mate .. coz mine's playing
"the boy's are back in town" ........ LOUD . :twisted:

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:23 am

Yeah Keith. I pick up my foot brake arm/lever today. The bloke who welded it together burnt himself really badly when grinding something with a 9 inch grinder. Sparks caught his flannelette shirt on fire and burned 25% of his upper body. he has been off work for 3 months.
Be a lesson here lads.
Im going down to see him later today. His name is Ray Dean, if anybody recognises the name, he is a legend with a lathe, a welder and can rebuild any engine to any specs. He has all the cutting tools, surface grinders and machinery. Ray is a wealth of knowledge and a hugely generous bloke.

I got rid of that fugly blue bike lift. I have a really compact frame on wheels and I fitted a small cable crane to lift the bike on and off with. I'll do a pic and post it here for you. Oh yeah and Harry is a year older and much much smarter, coz he's nearly 14.
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

www.independentparts.com.au

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:46 pm

The new bike stand.
I wheel the bike to the winch, take off the tank, tie a strap around the top frame rail and winch the bike off the stand.
Now I have more room in the workshop.

Brake linkges shots

With thanks to TC Bros choppers. I bought one of their forward control kits and decided to use it on another project instead.
I copied the lever out of a piece of 5mm ali plate I had laying about. Then I had a sleeve welded to it, had a couple of bushes spun up. All I need to do now is bore, tap and put some grub screws in the two sleeves to hold the lever in place.
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

KeithinSB

Post by KeithinSB » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:16 am

I like the brake linkage allot!
And good idea about the cart with wheels to move the bke around the shop. I been thinking about something like that in my shed too.
Do those pegs move up and down?
It would kinda suck to go around a tight corner and have the peg drag and lift the wheel off.....
Looks great though!!!
Ride it like you can fix it.

dg6oo2

Post by dg6oo2 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:17 am

Thanks for the photos you may have solved a problem i,ve got on my cbx the bike trolley is a smart idea as is the cable tie tie downs.
friends welcome family by appiontment only.

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:32 am

Mate, the petrol tank will scrape on this thing before the pegs will.
750/4 Sonic chopper.

Return to “Mega Ride 2009”