MEGA RIDE; THE STORY

All Posts relevant to the Mega Ride in here please!!
Chucky

Post by Chucky » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:54 am

HAHAHAH! :D

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:59 pm

:shock: :?: :lol:

sks

Post by sks » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:40 pm

Whats that i can see? is it a Victory Chopper before pic?

I think Ol Fart will owe K&T a beer or two for unleashing the chopper potential of the Victory.

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:41 pm

Been havin a blast but now time for the last of us to go home,
lets do this up in NSW again next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ride back to Mt. Gambier tomorrow ready for my last leg home next day.
With going down to Apollo Bay & joining the run it was a 1000k ride for me to Adelaide which is nothing compaired to some that knocked up 3000 on the run down, only 650 on the way home.
Post a compleat report when home.

chop 69

Post by chop 69 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:39 am

Well I'm home safe and sound. 900 kms in one leg from Willunga to pt lonsdale. Only stopping for fuel. ( pretty much went the same way home other than skipping the great ocean road and going from warrnambool to colac, to geelong, then to Pt Lonsdale )Really put the Harley to the test and to let most of you know that take the "Jam" out of Harley's. After sitting in the saddle for about 11 hours, doing a gauntlet run for so many kms. To get off that bike and not have a sore back or bum, to be dead set truth-full I felt like I had not even sat on a bike. ITS A BIG THUMBS UP TO HARLEY DAVIDSON FROM ME !!! I'm with you all the way TEX. Cheers to the sweetest ride on the planet. I'm shore you will all bag me out for this,But before you open your chops, Treat you self to a special something. "The american dream" I might have to sell th triumph to get myself a deposit. hahah :twisted:
If your whole life flashed befor your eyes.....
IS YOURS WORTH WATCHING !!!

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:28 am

I reckon Eddie might have modified that seat a bit and put better suspension on it.
Looking forward to catching up. Give me a buzz next time you're in Melbourne.
Cheers mate.
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

www.independentparts.com.au

SGT

Post by SGT » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:58 am

Good to hear that Keith and Tiffany are ok.
Seems like you all had a very eventful trip, with all weather conditions and riding. It's been a good read as the ride continues.
Cheers.
"OK, so what's the speed of dark?"

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:04 pm

Well, what can I say....

Long rides, all kinds of weather, bonfire, bike show, pub meals, commoradery, even a movie on the big sheet. And some of the nicest chops in the country.

Congratulations to all who made the trip
Congratulations to Prof, Rilda and family. (hope Ma is better)
Congratulations to all volunteers and helpers.

I think the 1st Mega ride was a success.

Heres to the next one. (on my own bike, I hope)

BearCX or is that Bear(Vmax) Cheers Glen.
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

cjmeg

Post by cjmeg » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:47 pm

Yep, good stuff. Great to put some faces to names.
Good to put some miles on a hardtail again.
Need an excuse to go north again soon :D
Time to start playing with the Vmax.
Oh and maybe I should finish the trike too!

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:34 pm

I had a call from the insurance asessor this afternoon. The Vision is officially a write off.
If I can buy the wreck at auction, im thinking....drag bike
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

www.independentparts.com.au

Pygmy

Post by Pygmy » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:26 pm

pygmy here, this is my first attemp at sending a reply, as glen said it is easy. not when you are an old croc like me. well the first mega ride is over, few mishaps here an there but all said an done turned out all right. to big tex sorry i didnt say goodbye mate, will catch up next time. and to my new mate morton see ya soon cuz. hopefully we can return the ride next year or by myself.until then great bunch of blokes, puts the boy racers an weekend warriors to shame when they see older blokes riding big miles. p.s good job stubbzy on the trumpy. thats enough dribble. pygmy.
Two speeds... flat out and stop

Pygmy

Post by Pygmy » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:32 pm

sorry i didnt get to meet you pommy chop was looking forward to a chin wag with you , always remember tomorrows another day good luck champ.
Two speeds... flat out and stop

chop 69

Post by chop 69 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:08 pm

hey there ol fart, ..... i have got an idear for the victory !!!!
:twisted:
http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss217/chop69
If your whole life flashed befor your eyes.....
IS YOURS WORTH WATCHING !!!

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:42 pm

Bacca home safe, I crashed at a mates place near Mt. Gambier so an easy 2 day ride home for me back through the Coorong turning off at Milicent to go over to Tarpeena for the night then home via Edenhope with a fuel stop at Horsham next to Trumpy dealers so asked about it handling like a bucket of bolts & they reckon tyre too so one on order. I got home about 1-30 Vic time.

Thanks to all the people that put in a big effort, the support crews & Prof & family for being such wonderful hosts, I too hope mum is OK.

Prof seeing off the last of the northerners early
Trumpy ready for an addition before leaving, it worked great thanks mate
Quick pic at Kingston before gettin juice
Home at last after puttin an extra 1700k's on the clock with the Trumpy waring its new Chopper Shed screen
Last edited by Bacca on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bendnstretch

Post by bendnstretch » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:05 pm

That pic of Gringo and Andrew is a bit suss, dressing gown, bikes and another man in leather.

Mmmmmmm.

Prof seeing off the last of the northerners early.

Any reason for that.

Sorry guys, I'm just joking around. :lol:
Trees and bikes are alike...
You can CHOP EM!!

Return to “Mega Ride 2009”