Mega Ride 2010

All Posts relevant to the Mega Ride in here please!!
Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:21 pm

One "NO" vote for Camp out

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

pommychopper
Site Admin

Post by pommychopper » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:27 pm

I personally hate the words "Chopper Muster".
Annual run would suffice i think.

Cheers
:D

bendnstretch

Post by bendnstretch » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:34 pm

Agree with PC on that one.

I'll second that one
Trees and bikes are alike...
You can CHOP EM!!

Pygmy

Post by Pygmy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:26 am

i too was one of the loud noisey ones with steve telling jokes and enjoying our selves, inother words letting our hair down after a long ride. lets not get carried away here those kids should not have been there at that time of night anyway, ido apoligize if they heard any swear words but we are not child guidence councilors. and as for all these rules on how we should ride its starting to sound like we are becoming coffee an scones ulysses members, just be carefull guys, for a club thats not supposed to have lots of rules we are certainly racking them up now. just my opinion for what its worth. i am in for nsw next year definately but will ride how i always have. noafence to anyone. ps glad to hear gringo is alright. how goes it morton will be catching up next year buddy. until then cheers pygmy.
Two speeds... flat out and stop

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:50 am

Skipped most of the posts from the beggining as it looked like more of the same, I keep checkin the last page to see if the topic has moved on and saw Pygmies post and although i might not have been on mega run 09, ive gotta say i refuse to ride with extra restrictions as well. I ride how i ride, if i start modifying the habits of a lifetime (25yrs on the road) i will be in or cause an acccident....if i look after myself in the best manner i know how and you blokes do the same then itll work out well...if i wanted to be in a precesion id join the circus....that way my environment would match the tunes in my head. Thank you and good night....

pommychopper
Site Admin

Post by pommychopper » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:37 pm

Pygmy wrote:i too was one of the loud noisey ones with steve telling jokes and enjoying our selves, inother words letting our hair down after a long ride. lets not get carried away here those kids should not have been there at that time of night anyway, ido apoligize if they heard any swear words but we are not child guidence councilors. and as for all these rules on how we should ride its starting to sound like we are becoming coffee an scones ulysses members, just be carefull guys, for a club thats not supposed to have lots of rules we are certainly racking them up now. just my opinion for what its worth. i am in for nsw next year definately but will ride how i always have. noafence to anyone. ps glad to hear gringo is alright. how goes it morton will be catching up next year buddy. until then cheers pygmy.
Common sense at last, glad i'm not the only one who thinks like that!!

Cheers :D

XSChop

summary

Post by XSChop » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:08 pm

Well certainly a lot of discussion.

Let's see now.
How about a NSW State gathering at Donnel's at a date to be settled on.
Anyone from interstate is welcome to come individually or as a self organised group.
May be awards, may be a run to some public place for a bit of a show.
Probably a good excuse for a local get together to discuss it say in another week or two !

How about if each state has it's own annual State gathering and each serves in turn as Destination for an annual Mega Ride for those from the other states if they want to come.
If a state group is attending then it decides how to organise or not organise getting there.
That means there is a Mega Ride each year but it's longer or shorter for each state each time and because it ends at an existing state event there is no need for a separate event to be organised.

I used the term "Gathering" as a suggestion.
As far as I know it's only currently used by the RMOA for it's annual Weabonga invitation event so no conflict there.
It's not about the Bling /:~)>
Well maybe a bit !

sks

Post by sks » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:36 pm

well i'v read a few of the posts. quite a few are a bit strange (what's this with the back up vicheles? this was well discussed before hand and decided we'll keep our bikes away from the trailer runs if they keep away from our bike run) but most seem to have it right.

one thing worth mentioning the words "chopper muster" and "camp out" should never bee on the same thread (or post). as Neo Duch would say..... "it puts the G in Hay".

Pygmy

Post by Pygmy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:43 pm

my fingers should be wrapped around a throttle grip, not playing with a key board, bring on nsw the sooner the better am looking forward to going back to rugby league country. nsw forever. pygmy
Two speeds... flat out and stop

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:45 pm

Go the Mighty Maroons, sorry Pygmy. 8)
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:15 am

I was really looking forward to the gymkhana, but no one posted pics.
I was especially curious as to where the horses would come from.
Not that I'm a big fan of horses, you cant put handlebars on them, its the horse riding girls that interest me.
Their cute hats, I have one, its painted metalflake blue and I wear it on special occaisions, whips, and their big meaty thighs.
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

www.independentparts.com.au

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:57 am

now now we are 'G'rated here...but please Mr 'ol Fart carry on with your equine musings...where would one participate in the viewing of photgraphies of this type of activity?

Happosai

Post by Happosai » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:40 pm

There is this newfangled contraption called the interwebbymajig were all manner of information is stored, if you put your goggles on you can browse through a myriad of unusual sporting activities :D

Hap
I used to be Vague...................Now I'm not so sure

XSChop

bar horse

Post by XSChop » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:19 pm

Ol Fart wrote:Not that I'm a big fan of horses, you cant put handlebars on them
Well you may not be able to put handlebars on your horse
but you can put a horse on your handlebars.
And there's a reall cutie there too !
It's not about the Bling /:~)>
Well maybe a bit !

sks

Re: bar horse

Post by sks » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:53 pm

XSChop wrote:And there's a reall cutie there too !
now thats just wrong :shock:

Return to “Mega Ride 2009”