Girls wanted!

A place for the girl friends, wives of riders or women riders to chat....
Rilda

Post by Rilda » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:49 pm

A rare event thanks to Paul's tricks (asked me to hold the scooter one day and before I knew it was riding it), but Andrew is fixing up a 125 Honda for me...

Come on girls, start posting.

latelifecrisis

Post by latelifecrisis » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:54 pm

I agree it's great to see new girls posting on here and maybe the silent girls will eventually talk to us too.

I love my scooter and was challenged to a race today by a harley rider. i just laughed at him and told him the first 100meters where mine, but once he started going thru the gears I would eat his dust. then while he was back inside i jumped on the scooter and raced off, he caught up with me (going flat out he was) about halfway home. I was sailing doing 120 all the way, poor little scooter...lol

DoA is not allowed to touch my scooter until after my bike is on the road. No modifications will be done even though he thinks going naked with new forks would be a great look
I am blond

Rilda

Post by Rilda » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:40 am

Re summer riding Tiffani... I rode on the back with Andrew to Mount Gambier and back over Christmas. My mother lives in Mount Gambier. We camped a night each way. In January we rode to the mid north of SA with the club. Two weekends ago I joined the SA riders again, this time to Yorke Peninsula, camped overnight, then Andrew & I diverged to Clare in SA mid north. In 2008 summer, Andrew & I rode around Tasmania (I flew over), then across the ferry, thru' Victoria, Mount Gambier and home.

Most summers we ride on hot evenings to the beach, 10km/6miles "as the crow flies", for a swim. Haven't had much really hot weather this summer, so we haven't been.

I like summer riding. I'm not so keen in the cold. How cold has it been in USA this winter?

Tiff-O

Post by Tiff-O » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:39 am

The winter riding in the USA hasn't been much. The last big thing went we to was in Dec to the David Mann Chopperfest. We rode with a couple that Keith met on the internet, they stayed at our house the night before, and we rode out the next morning to the next little town southeast of us. It was very nice riding weather, not too cold, 2 layers under my leather jacket. We got there and met up with some more friends. There was about 100 motorcycles in the show and over a 1000 in the parking lot. I would hate to be a judge of that show, too many choices and too much to look at. As for as Jan, we rode once to our local biker bar, it's up in the mountains from were we live is closer to the Ocean. Feb hasn't been much better, only once to the biker bar. This summer is looks like we might be riding up towards Lake Tahoe, that should be fun.
As for the picture of you and that little bike, I like it, I got my son one of those and instantly I learned how to crash it on a paved road with dirt tires (tyres). I do like riding on the back as much as I can get away with, But Keith really doesn't like me back there. So ride my own I do..
Ride it like you love it

2005 Pink Sporty
1975 CB 550/4 Chopped

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:20 am

A couple of pics of our children a lot of years ago on the 125...

Michael riding, Catherine and Paul

Catherine and a friend... (she wasn't mechanically inclined hence the flat backtyre!)

125 is unchanged except needs a new camchain and they cost a fortune at Honda. a local shop promised me one and after a year of promises it will be next week or so, looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and spend big.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Rilda

Post by Rilda » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi again Tiffani.

I forgot to say for you and others reading that we live about 45 minutes south of the Adelaide CBD.

Don't worry too much about the American English versus Australian English spelling. We're mostly familiar with yours thanks to your books, news, soapies and movies. You may have difficulty with our Aussie slang... many things we add an "ie" eg "truckie", "postie" etc.

I said to my friend from Louisiana, when we all lived in SA's upper north, and she had knocked on my door for the first time... "What are you doing here?" as a silly Aussie welcome. She cleared out real fast and I couldn't work out what had upset her until she told me years later!

Must run to Willunga Farmers Market as it's Sat a.m. For all about where we live see www.WillungaSA.com

DOA

Post by DOA » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:49 pm

hey prof i didnt know you were a cross dresser?

lets see what slang.

shop keeper says" can i help you?"
i reply and got what i wanted " Gimme a fly with a dollop of dead horse. (silent h on horse of course.)
S.K " ok just be a min m8 "
Me " no probs ...... hey can you toss in some grease sticks and a nasty as well thanks.."

translations welcome.
ride like you stole ya bike.
love like you will only ever do it once.
live like your a different age.

Rilda

Post by Rilda » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:46 pm

The secret's out DOA! I haven't learnt the art of putting photos on line, so Andrew's it for this; Paul gets called upon also... nice to have helpers!

Like the slang... but struth it may be hard yakka for Tiff... but I'm sure she'll 'av-a-go.

This may help you Tiff... http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html and http://www.australiatravelsearch.com.au/trc/slang.html

KeithinSB

Post by KeithinSB » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:11 pm

Andrew CA Admin wrote:A couple of pics of our children a lot of years ago on the 125...

Michael riding, Catherine and Paul

Catherine and a friend... (she wasn't mechanically inclined hence the flat backtyre!)

125 is unchanged except needs a new camchain and they cost a fortune at Honda. a local shop promised me one and after a year of promises it will be next week or so, looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and spend big.
cam chain - $29 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-CB ... 33650fba74
Ride it like you can fix it.

latelifecrisis

Post by latelifecrisis » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:53 pm

so now we have 3 cross dressers that have come out. It's great to see a few blokes that are in touch with their feminine side :)

Well I had a test sit today, feels very different from my scooter, but manageable. DoA even held up my police fairings so I could see what that will look like when it's all done. Now if I could only install a siren and flashing lights I would be so ready for the Freeway
I am blond

Rilda

Post by Rilda » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:29 pm

Imagination Latelifecrisis is a wonderful thing. I keep running in & out of our "bedroom in progress" for a look, as Andrew's cousin works on the cathedral ceiling. He has built a FANTASTIC double glazed window to the top of the high wall and it looks out over the creek and the "curly" gum as we call it... a huge gum with curly branches. Not sure who is going to clean the window or the ceiling but I know we will enjoy the view.

Thanks Keith, I'll let Andrew know. His mother who is turning 80 on the 28th Feb is missing having a smaller bike, (she sold hers as she found it a bit big for her now) and has been wanting the little one to go to the street for the paper and mail each day (we are a mile and a half from the town). They will have to do lots of coaxing to get me riding.

latelifecrisis

Post by latelifecrisis » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:41 pm

cleaning is simple hire a window cleaner twice a year and make sure he can do the ceiling too. And make sure you get one that is at least a bit of eye candy, well that is what i would do....lol

I am sure that if you had a ride that suited you you would be a ratbag like me. Just go for test sits every now and then. The most important thing for me is that my butt is comfy, the rest follows. I do admit that is was a bit scary at first and the fence did come close to being hit a few times at first, and there is still a few situations I have not totally mastered yet, but I think I do come along nicely. the biggest help for me was the toy rides I did before Christmas. Heart was pounding on the first one the whole ride, the second one was easier the third was a breeze.

So just get a few test sits in and find the right one for you, only has to suit you nobody else
I am blond

KeithinSB

Post by KeithinSB » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:15 am

latelifecrisis wrote:so now we have 3 cross dressers that have come out. It's great to see a few blokes that are in touch with their feminine side :)
I'm not a cross dresser.

I only wear the undies. :twisted: :roll: :shock:
Ride it like you can fix it.

Tiff-O

Post by Tiff-O » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:19 am

DOA, were you in the drive thru at Mickey D? Or KFC? It don't sound like Happy Jacks..
Or were you at a servo and got one of those meat pies with an egg on it, and some fries with a Beer? I hope your weren't eating 'orse sh..t, of course.. All I know when I was there was the Kanga was better than I thought it was gonna be.. Live to Ride, Ride to Eat!!
Ride it like you love it

2005 Pink Sporty
1975 CB 550/4 Chopped

Tiff-O

Post by Tiff-O » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:29 am

Rilda, Thanks for the cool links on slang, that is sweet! I love listen to you'll talk, it's a hoot!
I loved what you said to your friend, What are you doing here.. That's is Funny!
Ride it like you love it

2005 Pink Sporty
1975 CB 550/4 Chopped

Return to “Girls talk”