Girls wanted!

A place for the girl friends, wives of riders or women riders to chat....
Rilda

Post by Rilda » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:53 pm

I'm hungry! I'm sure I can smell all that food!

BTW are you far south of Brisbane? Oh! just realised the smell is the evening meal Andrew has cooked us... Aren't I lucky too?

We had a lovely ride today... four bikes, 6 club members... to Strathalbyn and Wistow, to Brian's shed (another biker) and encouraged him to keep building his bike; then Tooperang and home. You'll have to Google the places, or come stay and we'll take you both there.

Must run, the kitchen aromas are calling me.
Come on girls, start posting.

DOA

Post by DOA » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:15 pm

hee hee glad you know how it feels great isnt it.

i did from grade 6 - the end of my apprenticeship in cowandilla then port adelaide. i still recon the myponga bakery had the best pies. heated on the exhaust in a cool hot box made from s/steel

and i just looked at where you went. they are some cool ride roads. im now jealous and you never know when or whom may just pop in and say hey lets chew up some black stuff and see where we end up for lunch.

we are in the logan area of brissy southern suburbs . about 1/2 hr ride from robina waters.

cheers hope you enjoyed dinner. llc and i joke i cook 2-3 times a week but it has a striking resemblance to subway/ maccaas/ kfc or our local chinese takeout. i may have to charge them for the recipes.
ride like you stole ya bike.
love like you will only ever do it once.
live like your a different age.

latelifecrisis

Post by latelifecrisis » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:00 pm

well bak for another few days.

I am far from organized more of a scatter brain really, but I do love to tease him with great food. That was my revenge for the mess I walked into last week. This week the house is in a much better state so i think it worked :)

I just picked up my head wich has a lot of work done to it from what I can gather or it better have been a lot of work for the amount I just paid. Plus I picked up 5 boxes for DoA's bike looks like all sorts of neat stuff.
I am blond

Rilda

Post by Rilda » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:27 pm

Hi Latelife
Do you want to try teasing me... with the good cooking I mean?

We continue with many days out with appts for Paul, so little time for house work or cooking.

I think I need work done on MY head too... but it would cost oodles to reprogramme it so it could handle bookwork/tax and all that! :lol:

Happy playing with bike bits!

Rilda

Post by Rilda » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:38 pm

btw we had a lovely ride last weekend, even tho' Andrew's bike "spat the dummie"... well it spat the oil... but was very kind to us and didn't sieze. Andrew has yet to discover why the oil is running out as fast as one puts it in. A lovely family from the adjacent farm helped out and eventually brought the bike, Andrew and me home. First time it's had to be transported, but as Andrew says it has done 100,000 miles.

latelifecrisis

Post by latelifecrisis » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:35 pm

How is Paul comming along?

I normally don't cook this much in amonth, but I want to do this work away thing on the cheap side plus I never know how long i work. Normally not an issue the boss knows I leave on time and hate overtime and late arvo traffic, but I can't claim those things with a 2 min drive home.

Rememeber the dust bunnies will not hop away so it's Ok to leave them in peace for a bit. There is much more to life then a clean and dpotless house.

DoA told me about the trip and the bike misshap. I am sure Andrew will find the problem in no time flat. He sounds like the handy sort of bloke that will not stop until he finds the problem and then fix it the right way. No cutting cornerns and thast why you never had a problem before.
I am blond

Rilda

Post by Rilda » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:11 pm

Re meals while away... our sentiments entirely.

Andrew's a frustrated boy, being bikeless and dependant on 4 wheels!

Never heard of dust bunnies before. We have the real variety hopping under the bushes. They have been know to delight in Ma's vegies (Andrew's mother, who everyone affectionately calls Ma was "hopping" mad), till we fenced in the vegies!

We have a bedroom ceiling now, as well as a window. So we may have a bedroom by winter. Yippee! Skirtings, architraves and flushing to go. We'll paint it another day. Not a priority. I'd rather have a toilet inside and a laundry next.

You'll see it when you come visit!

latelifecrisis

Post by latelifecrisis » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:18 pm

Andrew's a frustrated boy, being bikeless and dependant on 4 wheels!

I know that feeling, i have to park the car in reverse in this tiny itty bitty hole and i swear every arvo the whole time i try to get in backed in. I want my scooter back or the bike on the road it's so much easier.

dust bunnies = dust balls that multiply as fast as bunnies. Not my favourite dish but rabbit in a red wine sauce is ok to eat. next tome try and catch at least 1 when they come bak for the fresh veggies.

yeah for the house improvements sounds like a great reason to open a bottle of bubbly.

Yep DoA said we were going to your place for coffee when you guys have a run can't remember which one it was
I am blond

DOA

Post by DOA » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:45 pm

hey rilda. hide the tools for a week or 2 and andrew may complete everything. but dont let him find out you hid them.

as for llc's kitchen smells. try walking into a house like this. first waft a generous aroma of spagetti with home made meat sauce. add in fresh baked meatloaf, steaming corned beef, full pot roast with mushrooms and vegies while the meatballs are still steaming away in the pan and see if you can withstand it. thats sat afternoon here every week. lol

on a bike related note we got her cyl head back today.man what a fiasco. had one bent valve. 2 were the wrong length. but a whisker of race bred craft and they had it all sorted after an afternoon at the machine shop. price. ouch but reliability is worth the expense and effort everytime.

llc also picked up my big bore 1100 motor today so i have a hobby for my evenings when i run out of bikes to play with. going to build it for extreme performance then drop it in. am thinging of maybe even a turbo just for kicks and giggles.

looks like we will pop down that way eventually. if not for an organised event then just for a wineries tour or something. then come home via the coast road.
ride like you stole ya bike.
love like you will only ever do it once.
live like your a different age.

latelifecrisis

Post by latelifecrisis » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:17 pm

The job is finally finished and there is a great chance I will get fired, but who cares finally able to sleep in my own bed and have my owm comforts again.
Monday I will seriously start finishing my bike should not need much apart from putting it all together the last 25 % of it. DoA did a great job on the first 75 % now I can do the rest
I am blond

Rilda

Post by Rilda » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:32 pm

Sounds like there should be a better job for you out there... one you enjoy with a boss you like!
Unless of course, bike building is to fill every waking moment... LOL
We look forward to seeing you both roll up for a visit.
Paul and I have continued with medical appts each week, hearing differing stories of what is wrong with the elbow and how fix it. Confusing!

latelifecrisis

Post by latelifecrisis » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:53 am

There probably is a better job out there and i am starting to look for it, but I am not too worried as long as the money lets me pay for our toys it doesn't really matter.

Have them explain it to you until the confusion goes away otherwise how can you choose the right treatement path
I am blond

Rilda

Post by Rilda » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:05 pm

Wise thought!

latelifecrisis

Post by latelifecrisis » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:05 pm

well, DoA has been very busy painting and sanding bits and pieces today. I was kicked out of the garage early this morning not by him, but by my sweet Bengal. She is a very bossy sort of cat and made it clear i was not welcome in there. Then the little snot stuck her face into his and miauwed very loudly at him and purred like a bike motor as if to say " see dad I know how to get rid of her" then she curled up in his work chair and slept for the rest of the day.
this is the same cat that has been bossing and nagging him about my bike being in the dinning room for too long. She has even started moving bits and tools around. I think this has taken too long for her and she wants her spot back. I am not going to tell her it will be there for another week until I get the tires back from the shop.
I am blond

Happosai

Post by Happosai » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:58 pm

sounds like your both Puss whipped :D

Hap
I used to be Vague...................Now I'm not so sure

Return to “Girls talk”