enfield from India

I have asked Choppaweeza provide advice based on his business experience in this forum. There are a variety of ways of avoiding Australian regulations... please don't expect him to give advice in those areas.
the captain

enfield from India

Post by the captain » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:54 pm

Hi all, over the last couple of years i have made quite a few Indian mates, well I have always wanted an enfield.....question is why are they so expensive here, but a new enfield in India is about 2k, second hand descent models start from $400, so question is, now I have trustworthy connections is it possible to import one out here, and if so what do i have to do when its landed.

Cheers

Kirk
I am the nightrider,the toe cutter knows who I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bacca

Re: enfield from India

Post by Bacca » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:40 am

A pre 89 unmodified one should be easy enough

The Indians sometimes modify them too, the 500 was considered a big bike where I was :D

Posted some Indian choppers a shop there was turning out, all Enfield's but spent a long time looking but unable to find them on either Photobucket I have :(

Flarris

Post by Flarris » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:10 am

Buy an export model apparently the ones built for the local market are no where near as good quality wise and probably no compliance for oz, theres been a fair bit of info on enfields around so shouldn't be hard to suss out.

dg6oo2

Post by dg6oo2 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:28 pm

Is that a 500 enfield with a fake rear cylinder and pipe, looks much better than the chinese copy choppers.
friends welcome family by appiontment only.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:48 pm

test post
Michael,
Site Admin...
www.ChoppersAustralia.com

('82 Sportster :P )

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:34 pm

Here are some I posted before I went to India http://www.choppersaustralia.com/forum/ ... php?t=2681

chopaweeza

Post by chopaweeza » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:50 am

The market for Enfields this year is going to be somewhat crowded . An Expat Indian gent in Melbourne is importing a sizable number of pre-88's . He currently buys good examples in Indian , has them stripped down and has a nut & bolt restoration done on them . They also integrate parts off the Western market versions like Tyres , brakes and a few other things . First dozen land in Melbourne later this month .

I was hired by the gent to consult on the vehicle importation side of things . I did try to wrangle an Enfield as my fee but no dice . Have no details on how these will be marketed out here or where they will be available from . I believe these will hit the local market in March so keep an eye out for them .
Chopaweeza Enterprises
www.chopaweeza.com

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:28 am

A real one done in Wales in the 70's - hopefullly about to be resurected for a Feburary bike show in NSW

its 'look ive got left overs' brother

and my Fav
Does not work or play well with others
Loud pipes save lives
"These are not the Droids you're looking for"

dg6oo2

Post by dg6oo2 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:37 pm

Jeez you can see a world of influence in those indian chops but with a local twist very good to see indeed.
friends welcome family by appiontment only.

mandi007
Interests: bike modification, website designing and reading books

Post by mandi007 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:40 am

Return to “Import advice...”