Club Reg.

Regulations in each state are based on ADR's but states differ in application and interpretation. (Previous Chopper chat articles have been shifted to this new section). Ask your questions here...
MArki

Club Reg.

Post by MArki » Tue May 10, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone can help me with some info on club reg.

I've looked at the Vicroads website and i've got the general idea of what it's all about.

The thing that confuses me is the roadworthy side of things?
This particular bike has been made into a rigid...

Vic roads states the following pre-requisites for club reg.

- in the case of a club historic vehicle that is not a street rod, a current certificate of roadworthiness or a letter from a scrutineer authorised by the club, stating that the vehicle is safe for use on the road

- in the case an application made in respect of a street rod, that is a vehicle modified in excess of the level prescribed in the Vehicle Standards Information No.8. (VSI8) document [PDF, 1.06 MB, 6pp.], a Street Rod Inspection certificate issued by Jean - Christophe Bonneville (VASS No. 1042) of Bonneville Consulting, 19 Cantala Court, Endeavour Hills, Victoria 3802. Bonneville Consulting can be contacted on Tel: 0427212464

This to me reads that i'd need to go and get an inspection cert. from said engineer.

Anyone shed some light on this or had any experience?

Cheers

Marki

Flarris

Post by Flarris » Tue May 10, 2011 5:57 pm

G'day Marki, to get club rego in vic you have to be a member of a club authorised to sign off on a club permit, and the vehicle has to be over 25 years. So basically you will need to join a club to get it. It will be up to that club to deem your vehicle "eligible" and "safe". Depending on the club and the vehicle you may need a full roadworthy cert.or meet the requirements of the clubs saftey checklist. Now the new log book scheme has been introduced some clubs (and this is only from my experience) are vetting new members on their intentions of joining e.g. cheap rego for shitboxes. So find a club you want to join get it on the road and ride the tits off it. I have 3 bikes on club rego and all were deemed "eligible" and "safe". cheers Flarris

eddiehob

Re: Club Reg.

Post by eddiehob » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:14 pm

Thanks guys this info is of use to me ,
Cheers

Happosai

Post by Happosai » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:27 pm

Have you thought of starting your own club ?

Some interesting reading on the subject from the Feral Sports Car Club

They support the KISS principal (Keep It Simple Stupid)

I've had discussions with a few people about doing this - and I've been involved in a few organisations in the past, but it comes down to this, it's the people who make the club!

Hap
I used to be Vague...................Now I'm not so sure

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:32 pm

LMAO.....

Thanks Hap, reading that made my day. What a cool club.
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Aussiehard

Post by Aussiehard » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:06 pm

It seems the Vic roads side of club rego is quite simple it is the extra layers of bureaucracy the clubs are adding becomes the head ache. Seems like a role reversal for a change!

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:10 am

We had a club designated mechanic (who does RWC's at work) check out Tiani's Morrie but when he found it had been engineered for normal rego it was a breeze Will also get the '81 XV1000 on club rego once the chair is fitted (no engineering) as well

eddiehob

Post by eddiehob » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:22 pm

Thanks this post has been of real interest to me and very helpful.
Cheers

Return to “Regulations for motorcycles”