RWC Inspection Melb

Regulations in each state are based on ADR's but states differ in application and interpretation. (Previous Chopper chat articles have been shifted to this new section). Ask your questions here...
Aussiehard

RWC Inspection Melb

Post by Aussiehard » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:37 pm

Can anyone recommend a chopper friendly place to get a RWC done?

I only have a couple of weeks to get the bike RWC and transferred into my name before I get transfer headaches.

It is possible that I won't be able to get this bike back to stock beforehand. It was RWC in QLD but things are diff in Melb.

Aussiehard

Re: RWC Inspection Melb

Post by Aussiehard » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:05 am

Got my RWC yesterday!!! YAY!

Went to Vicroads to reg and according to the people there you need an appointment. They say the call centre who told me it was just an over the counter deal don't know Shi……

Have a booking to sight the bike next week..The fact that I don't have compliance plate was raised….they didn't have them for bikes back in 74.

mansam

Post by mansam » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:40 am

Where'd you get the RWC?

Getting my bike ready for sale and want to get RWC done without trouble.
I'm down frankston way, but anywhere isn't really too far, just not geelong or whatever.
'07 XVS1100

fluffer

Post by fluffer » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:37 am

Aussiehard wrote:The fact that I don't have compliance plate was raised….they didn't have them for bikes back in 74.
Let me know how ya go. The story I'm getting is that we need a VASS certificate stating that the bike is pre ADR and therefore exempt. Which to me sounds like another layer of someone with their hand out just to state the bleedin' obvious. But as you are finding out, when dealing with Gov departments ya get a differant story from differant people on differant days. :roll: :roll:
"better to die on your feet than live on your knees"

Aussiehard

Post by Aussiehard » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:45 am

Got my bike RWc in Ringwood, the Guy was pretty casual. Had to do a few small things. One of the light globes fell out, and he let me use tools in his workshop to fix it on the spot so he could pass me.
If you want his details Pm me.

Nope didn't need any VASS Certs. Who wants that, Vicroads or the RWC inspection?? My bike had been previously reg in QLD but expired. The RWC manual states that bikes pre this date or that are exempt from which ever applicable items.
So I guess as long as you have proof that the bike is a certain build date, previous rego or frame manufacture dates. I think you should be right.

The Vicroads Guy all he did was accept the RWC and Visually confirm the engine No. & Frame No………….Tip also know where they are when you go there cos they have no idea where to find em and I had to phone a friend on the location of my engine number.

Happosai

Post by Happosai » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:25 am

Aussiehard wrote:The Vicroads Guy all he did was accept the RWC and Visually confirm the engine No. & Frame No………….Tip also know where they are when you go there cos they have no idea where to find em and I had to phone a friend on the location of my engine number.
So you used up one of your life lines

Eddy McWhoWants2beaMillionare.
I used to be Vague...................Now I'm not so sure

fluffer

Post by fluffer » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:33 am

Think I will just roll up with the bike, the RWC and play dumb (ain't hard) about anyfink else.
"better to die on your feet than live on your knees"

Return to “Regulations for motorcycles”