Frame modifications

Regulations in each state are based on ADR's but states differ in application and interpretation. (Previous Chopper chat articles have been shifted to this new section). Ask your questions here...
Matt15

Post by Matt15 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:05 am

Hi

Brassy

I understand your point regarding engineers the issue I see is that alot simply don't want to do it or if they do they still quote you a alot. This is enough to deter a majority of people considering you could structurally modify a classic car, from a engineering view that is alot more complicated, for the same price as a bike.

In regards to your response to AussieH I am not sure if you could simply get a modplate in victoria without consulting a engineer. I thought the rules were different in queensland.

Aussie where did you find most of your adr info?

If people could keep posting there experiences with regards to frame modifications I would very much appreciate it. Did you engineer your bike or did you just chop it, what other issues did you have etc.

fluffer

Post by fluffer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:36 am

Happy to stand corrected on this, but my experience in Vic has been that you can chop into a frame in order to convert it from a dual seat to a solo seat without engineering (exemption) but anything else requires engineering compliance.

Used ta get away with a lot of stuff in me yoof but we are slowly becoming a nanny state, the hardest part of all is finding a Vicroads/Police person who will actually make a decision.
"better to die on your feet than live on your knees"

Aussiehard

Post by Aussiehard » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:04 pm

Anyone know a guy who chops bikes/makes frames in or around Lillydale??

Return to “Regulations for motorcycles”