Fined for ......

Regulations in each state are based on ADR's but states differ in application and interpretation. (Previous Chopper chat articles have been shifted to this new section). Ask your questions here...

Fined for ......

Post by ol_750 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:27 am

These are both new to me & I;ve been rideing 45yrs
A friend of a friend was fined for rideing while standing up on his pegs ...... I dont know the full story , it did happen in Tas & from what I understand the grey haired gentleman was just stretching his legs while on a long ride ... comments please,

The other was fined for taking his hand of the handle bar ( not both hands) so how do you close your visor , turn your fuel to reserve or give hand signals if your old bike has no indicators.... .. comments please. :shock:
Ride Hard Live Free
Twisties seperate the men from the boys
FarRider 413 "IT'S JUST A ROAD"
2 x XJ750RL , 4 x XJ900 , XS650 , XV1000 TR1,VN1500 Classic.

Re: Fined for ......

Post by Cromag » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:32 pm

Make sure you put your foot down to demonstrate you are stationary at a stop sign when riding a sidecar too.....
Does not work or play well with others
Loud pipes save lives
"These are not the Droids you're looking for"

Post by dg6oo2 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:04 pm

And do not use offensive language and smile politly when the p plater decides to occupy the same road space as you.
friends welcome family by appiontment only.

Post by ran » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:49 am

my comments..well i think thats a load of *#@**.....what a joke......

Post by DOA » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:58 pm

those rules are still in place in oz you can even be fined for driving or riding without closed shoes and driving/riding one handed is also against the rules. but then its legal to reverse without a seatbelt allowing free movement to turn far enough to see behind you. these outdated rules still exist. but its a sad day when the law writes you up for it. but it does give them a legit reason to stop you and check things out or just write you up when they get annoyed with you but dont have a sane reason to stop you.
ride like you stole ya bike.
love like you will only ever do it once.
live like your a different age.

Return to “Regulations for motorcycles”