Headlights

Regulations in each state are based on ADR's but states differ in application and interpretation. (Previous Chopper chat articles have been shifted to this new section). Ask your questions here...
Adam84

Headlights

Post by Adam84 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:07 am

Anyone know of any limitations in regards to bike headlights? I'm wanting to run 2 rectangular or triangular on my bike, perhaps with the old orange or yellow lense's will this be an issue?

Bearcx

Re: Headlights

Post by Bearcx » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:18 pm

Yellow are for fog lights only. Mr Plod won't let you use them for headlights. Pretty sure you'll have to run white. Could be wrong, anyone have the Aust Standards handy??
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:27 pm

Stay with clear lens and you should be ok out on the road... going through regio will be another story though... stick to single ADR lens for that exercise.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

KBG

Post by KBG » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Don't know what state you are in, but in victoria you can have two lights one above the other or side by side.
Don't know if you would get away with yellow.
This is for pre 75 bikes, after that i,d look at vicroads web site but I think it is fine.
some meaningless dribble

Adam84

Post by Adam84 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:12 am

Thanks for the replys, I'm in NSW and a pre compliance bike.. If a cars are able to run headlights & fog lights, I'm guessing a bike could run one clear lens and one coloured lens operated indepent of each other using that argument. I'll take your advice though prof and just use the one for rego.

xsive

Post by xsive » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:40 am

hay adam if one clear one yellow the clear would have to be high and low beam most of these typeof lenses only carry single fillament globes
IM NOT CRAZY ITS JUST OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF MY NORMALITY THAT DIFFERS

Return to “Regulations for motorcycles”