No ENG req in QLD???

Regulations in each state are based on ADR's but states differ in application and interpretation. (Previous Chopper chat articles have been shifted to this new section). Ask your questions here...
Aussiehard

No ENG req in QLD???

Post by Aussiehard » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:17 pm

Not sure if this is true but sounds interesting………

While talking to some old bikers at the Easter run hey told me they get around the "engineering issue" by taking the bikes up to a mate in QLD getting them registered to his address, then bringing em back to Melb and when rego runs out re registering them in VIC.

As according these guys you don't need engineering in QLD the bloke just comes out to your house does an inspection and away you go. This is how a lot of the non adr compliant bikes are getting through.

Love ti hear from some QLDers on their experiences and if this is in any way accurate.

El Skitzo

Re: No ENG req in QLD???

Post by El Skitzo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:04 am

When you re-register in Vic wouldn't you have to present the bike for a full inspection?

You would have to in WA. If I purchased a QLD licensed bike and send it to WA and wanted to swap the rego over, the bike has to have a full inspection and at that point you'd come to grief.

But yeah I'm not surprised by what you've said, seems more of the extreme and unregisterable bikes that you see for sale with rego seem to be in QLD.
65 Triumph Chopper (project)

Aussiehard

Post by Aussiehard » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:18 am

In vic that depends. You only need a Vic RWC to transfer interstate registration as long as it has current interstate registration or it has only recently gone out of rego (3mths I think it is)

If it is outside that then go back to the start.

Also to you have to meet certain criteria to get a RWC.

It would be good if CA could get it's hands on the relevant RW books listing the criteria for each state and other documents and add it to the forum. Surely someone has a mate in the industry that we could scan his papers, anonymously if desired. What happened to freedom of information, why is it so hard to get this info if we must comply with it?????

Where is the QLD member input on this????

KBG

Post by KBG » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:24 pm

ring up vic roads and ask them.
I think if the bike is in your name from out of state you don't need a roadworthy to put on Vic reg
same as a car.
some meaningless dribble

Return to “Regulations for motorcycles”