trying to get mini bobber build getting complianced

Regulations in each state are based on ADR's but states differ in application and interpretation. (Previous Chopper chat articles have been shifted to this new section). Ask your questions here...
chrisalchin

Re: trying to get mini bobber build getting complianced

Post by chrisalchin » Mon May 07, 2012 8:32 pm

Haha, no I sent the guy 20 odd detailed photo's of welds and joints, this pic was just to give an idea of what I'm working with. If I could post picks directly to here I would post them all, unfortunatly Pbase.com takes forever to load photos.

jonatyre

Post by jonatyre » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:19 am

Hi I have just finished and registered a 2012 Godfather Chopper ICV. The Engineers report was $1500 plus gst so I'm not sure why yours is the $5000. The rego inspection pretty much check the rake on the forks which is 550mm from head to front axle, all the lights/blinkers/brake tail need the e in the circle stamp for Aust approved. Then he checked the 94db max noise, this all cost around $250 to get done. I am in South Australia so this cost may vary but I wouldn't have thought that much. I also remember the engineer being a bit anal about the frame bieng modified in anyway welding grinding etc so this may make a difference.

fluffer

Post by fluffer » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:33 am

We were quoted $2800 on an O.C.C hardtail. (Victoria)
"better to die on your feet than live on your knees"

19brendan81

Post by 19brendan81 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:06 am

Gday Chris,

You are probably talking to the same Engineer that I have been talking to. To those lucky devils from the other states - we are in a different position to you here in the ACT. We have 4 accredited vehicle engineers. 2 of them flat out refuse to do ICV motorbikes. And the other two want min 5K to do the job. As others have pointed out - its cash grabbing lunacy of the highest order to charge this much for the job when the same can be done in SA or QLD for a fraction of the price.

Re your build though - my engineer told me if the frame has a registerable compliance plate on it, then its NOT an ICV build. The bike can be registered according to the ADRs that apply to that year, and all the engineer needs to sign off on is the hard tail conversion. My cousin was quoted 3K to do this for his triumph build (66 trump with bolt on hard tail).

Brendan

Return to “Regulations for motorcycles”