Perth Engineering Certification

Regulations in each state are based on ADR's but states differ in application and interpretation. (Previous Chopper chat articles have been shifted to this new section). Ask your questions here...
The.Goat.In.Boots

Perth Engineering Certification

Post by The.Goat.In.Boots » Thu May 10, 2012 9:10 pm

Hey Guy's,

Im trying to find someone who can engineering certify my frame based in Perth. I have rung around a couple guys off the DoT website and they have told me to go out east. This is my first build so any help is really appreciated. I had the frame imported from flyrite in the USA. I'm dropping a 1969 Triumph TR6R in it and i'm trying to do this all legit. Everything is sitting ready to get started on. Do I need the certification before I apply for the ICV?

Help!

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Re: Perth Engineering Certification

Post by Prof » Thu May 10, 2012 10:04 pm

Talk to the WA choppers Australia Guys. Tri4 should be able to give you a contact.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

El Skitzo

Post by El Skitzo » Fri May 11, 2012 1:48 pm

[*]Andy Brown of Palace Cycles would know as he's done a couple of ICV's but I can't find his number anywhere (yes I lost it).
[*]Ben at British Imports in Morley (5 Boag Road, 08 9375 9755) was wrapping up an ICV (a rigid Shovel) last time I was there and the Engineering was done, so they might have a contact for you.
[*]Last time I was down at Motorcycle Electrics & Auto Rewinds in Osborne Park (13/66 Roberts Street, 08 9242 2388) they were putting the final touches on a Sporty rigid and they also mentioned they regularly build ICV rigids for customers, so they might be able to put you onto their Engineer.

Sorry I don't have a direct engineering contact for you, but I've avoided that path like the plague, but hopefully those 3 leads should amount to something.

I can get Andy Brown's number if the other two are dead ends.
65 Triumph Chopper (project)

The.Goat.In.Boots

Post by The.Goat.In.Boots » Fri May 11, 2012 2:54 pm

Cheers guy's all great help!

Return to “Regulations for motorcycles”