Not just us

Regulations in each state are based on ADR's but states differ in application and interpretation. (Previous Chopper chat articles have been shifted to this new section). Ask your questions here...

Not just us

Post by neale » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Don't know whether anyone else has seen this, but there was a post about a proposed legislation in Texas ('merica) to regulate bikes according to the type ( sports bikes etc ) some interesting points in there, and of course the biggest ( and most legitimate ) concern is that the rules are bein' made by polis who don't know the first fekkin' thing about what they're talkin' about, but will push it through to get a bit of publicity for themselves. ... 04f429117f

'85 XV1000 with some mods, getting there
'86 XT600Z, going under the knife ASAP

Re: Not just us

Post by Bearcx » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:05 pm

Thanks Neale, an interesting read. We pay more for driving a 4 cyl/6/V8. Not that different.

I wonder where these level thinkers are when, the firearms debate comes up.
Everyone grieving at the loss of a daughter, education in schools, very emotive stuff they talk about. Yet, apparently in the US of A,
the statistic is 88 guns per 100 people.

Dont get me wrong, I'm a firearms owner, b ut the old 'redneck' brigade wouldnt allow any gun control regulations. The guys on the forum you posted, seem like normal, everyday riders who are concerned about the death toll and being 'labelled'.

Just a thought.....
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Return to “Regulations for motorcycles”