Triumph Chopper 60's style

Sell your choppers and chopper & bike parts, riding gear, memorabilia etc... Just register on this forum to buy and sell... These forums are not to be used by businesses as unpaid advertising. Any such posts will be removed immediately. See website "Services " page for your opportunity to offer your services and products to our readers...

Moderators: Prof, For Sale Moderators

El Skitzo

Triumph Chopper 60's style

Post by El Skitzo » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:12 pm

Well I'm having a moment of weakness and considering ideas for some builds using modern Hinkley Triumphs, so will consider parting with my current Chop for a very brief time until I come to my senses. Anyway I'm not going to advertise the fact anywhere else but here for now and see what happens.

The Triumph Chop was originaly built back in the early 90's by Split-pin from Triple Cycles in Bayswater here in WA. The frame was custom made over on the East Coast, so not just a hardtail bolted on. The frame numbers match the engine number and it has full rego (pre ADR). This would be a very difficult feat to achieve again especially here in WA!!

The engine is a T140V with a December 1972 build date, so a 750cc donk backed by a 5 speed. As you can see the engine is very clean, runs like a clock, and features a brand new pair of Amal 930 carbs. The ignition system is a Microtech setup and the battery has been deleted entirely.

The front end has recently been fully rebuilt with new seals, fork sliders honed and new staunchions (fork tubes). The bike runs disks brakes front and rear, with the master cylinders and calipers rebuilt, and new chain to the rear wheel. The wheels are running stainless spokes, the front wearing a new 19" Avon Speedmaster tyre and the rear wrapped in a new 16" Shinko double white wall tyre.

The gas tank is a new Indian Larry 3.0 gallon dished unit which was professionally pressure tested and sealed before the Chartreuse metal flake over black paint job was applied by Ryan Clayton of Custom Modifications with pin striping by Von Kustard. Fuel is supplied via a new Pingel petcock.

The seat is hand tooled leather by Kansas Charley, handlebars custom made by Palace Cycles and are powdercoated. I have a working speedo for the bike and a front fender, which I just choose not to use for asthetic reasons. The custom 2-into-1 exhaust is baffled, but could be removed if need be.

The bike has 10 months of rego left on it, and I'll consider including the BOBBER license plate for a WA buyer if the deal is right. The bike recently won "Top Traditional Chopper" at the Rockers Rumble bike show and has an upcoming feature in OzBike magazine.

At this stage I'd be entertaining offers around $15,000 with a little flexibility there, and would possibly consider a late model Triumph Bonneville or Bonneville America as a part trade from a WA buyer.

Either email me - sixtyfivecuda@hotmail.com or call me on 0405 069 878 after work hours (please remember the time difference!)

Last edited by El Skitzo on Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
65 Triumph Chopper (project)

SGT

Post by SGT » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:57 am

$15,000 with a little room for negotiation seems like a fair price.
Goodluck with the sale, and I'm keen to see what your plans are for the Hinkley Chop.
"OK, so what's the speed of dark?"

Zoid

Post by Zoid » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:57 pm

Veeery nice Trumpet, El S. You should have no trouble selling that one. 8)
Nothing really matters . .

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:08 pm

I've listed it for sale on the home page. Will find out how to do a direct link shortly.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

El Skitzo

Post by El Skitzo » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:30 am

Andrew CA Admin wrote:I've listed it for sale on the home page. Will find out how to do a direct link shortly.
Thanks mate, although I've really been enjoying riding the wheels off it over this Xmas break!

oyamum

Post by oyamum » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:53 am

man that is truly a work of art i love that thing..... i dont have $15000 however i have a 28 year old wife she has low k's a pretty tight chassis handles well a nice big front end and a tight back end however she does have a pretty loud whining noise at high speed... interested in a trade hehehe good luck with the sale mate

El Skitzo

Post by El Skitzo » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:05 pm

I'll be putting a for sale sign on this again at the Hotrod show this coming weekend.

As much as I try I cannot stop thinking about building a rigid Shovelhead...

El Skitzo

Post by El Skitzo » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:47 pm

I'm going to take another shot at maybe moving this bike on over the summer season. The wife really wants me back in the Custom Car/Hotrod scene and I'm warming to the idea and have some good ideas for projects.

Asking $15,000 but am quite negotiable on that.

ran

Post by ran » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:58 pm

very very nice......

Skip

Post by Skip » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:11 am

Hey Skitzo
Mate were the bars made or shop bought ? What style would they be called ?

Cracker of a bike.... did 'ya sell it yet ?
Decide..go for it..stuff 'em

El Skitzo

Post by El Skitzo » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:40 pm

Skip wrote:Mate were the bars made or shop bought ? What style would they be called ?

Cracker of a bike.... did 'ya sell it yet ?
Made the bars with the help of Andy Brown of Palace Cycles here in Perth. Found a couple of sets of old 7/8" bars at the wreckers for a few dollars, and cut them up before Andy TIG welded them together for me. We tried to get the vertical pieces to look like they were curving inwards to match the dished in sides of the tank.

Still got the bike and still riding the wheels off it and enjoying it. Also still planning on striping the whole thing down and doing it all again in a completely different style some time in the future.

I just rode it out to the Hot Summer Nights car show the Cranksters hosted on Saturday night out in the Swan Valley in the middle of wine country. Was a super ride there and back!

El Skitzo

Post by El Skitzo » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:46 pm

*** DEPOSIT TAKEN ***

Thankfully the bike will be staying in WA, and will be moving down to Mandurah .

Brassy

Post by Brassy » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:39 pm

So whats the next project in line?

El Skitzo

Post by El Skitzo » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:26 pm

Found a rigid Harley with an EVO in it to look at, and have a line on a Bobbed genie shovel too. Ideally I want a shovelhead, but if a rigid HD pops up it could take preference regardless of what sort of engine it has.

The buyer still has to pay the balance on my bike, so not counting my chickens just yet :wink:

El Skitzo

Post by El Skitzo » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:33 pm

Two and a half weeks after the deposit was taken, finally *** SOLD ***

Return to “For Sale...”