147" Renegade Engine

Sell your choppers and chopper & bike parts, riding gear, memorabilia etc... Just register on this forum to buy and sell... These forums are not to be used by businesses as unpaid advertising. Any such posts will be removed immediately. See website "Services " page for your opportunity to offer your services and products to our readers...

Moderators: Prof, For Sale Moderators

neville

147" Renegade Engine

Post by neville » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:36 pm

The engine comes polished with a 48mm Mikuni Carb plus coils and fuel pump never been used. Bought with the intention on doing my own custom chopper build but bought a house and wont have time, great package will make an insanely powerful chopper.

Must sell $14000 ONO
Can email pictures as i couldnt get them to upload.

Brassy

Re: 147" Renegade Engine

Post by Brassy » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:23 pm

neville wrote:The engine comes polished with a 48mm Mikuni Carb plus coils and fuel pump never been used. Bought with the intention on doing my own custom chopper build but bought a house and wont have time, great package will make an insanely powerful chopper.

Must sell $14000 ONO
Can email pictures as i couldnt get them to upload.
Polished motors don't cool correctly, dept of trans are lookin at limiting all v twins to 117 cubes maximum, why does it need a fuel pump ? Sounds like one hell of an expensive anchor :mrgreen:
Why does everything I eat taste like 50 weight ?

Brassy

Post by Brassy » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:25 pm

And thats your first post !!!!

Tex

Post by Tex » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:35 pm

Here is a pic that I took at the Gold Coast MotorCycle Expo some years ago.

Impressive motor, if this is the one that he has?

_______
Tex
Tex
(Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional)

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:46 pm

For sale and wanted forums are for everybody and I suggest to a lot of folks that they advertise here even if it is their only post.

The more these pages are used, the more traffic, the more these pages are used, the more items we are all notified of... win/win for all.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

neville

Post by neville » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:09 pm

Yes thats the engine and yes it was expensive but i just dont know enough about building them myself and it just sat in my shed for ages so time to move on. I dunno about anchor but its definately not for the faint hearted :D

KBG

Post by KBG » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:25 pm

It looks a bit japanese but boat anchor is a bit harsh :mrgreen:
some meaningless dribble

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:57 pm

Looks like a cool engine, looks like we have some engine envy :mrgreen:

Tex

Post by Tex » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:04 am

Tex
(Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional)

dg6oo2

Post by dg6oo2 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:04 pm

Stoopid qeaustion with a motor of that size and capacity would you have to have a certian frame to take the extra torque and size?.
friends welcome family by appiontment only.

Prof

Post by Prof » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:17 pm

My main question before buying would be parts availability and expertise on this brand and model of motor.

Definitely need a tall frame... How well made are they... the local HD rebuilding expert reckons he's pulled a apart a few of the popular aftermarket motors and they are very poorly put together and in performance don't live up any where near expectations.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Brassy

Post by Brassy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:14 am

Prof wrote:My main question before buying would be parts availability and expertise on this brand and model of motor.

Definitely need a tall frame... How well made are they... the local HD rebuilding expert reckons he's pulled a apart a few of the pipular aftermarket motors and they are very poorly put together and in performance don't live up any where near expectations.
I am with your local guy, pulled a part a new revtech 6 speed tranny last week because it was binding, turns out it was missing a circlip on the countershaft that was making first rub on the shifter pawl (junk) pulled a siezed tranny out of an ironhead it was a V-twin mfg job missing the bearing between the mainshaft and the gear, the gear had been machined to fit the mainshaft got hot and high sided the rider. All this stuff is made in china to inferior specs and expectations, you get what you pay for !

Prof

Post by Prof » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:39 am

Hey Neville... we're not trying to be critical of your motor... and I know nothing about this brand so maybe a hihgh quality manufacturer... just is a valuable discussion for all...maybe our comments would have been better in another forum. I'm sure someone willing to pay that this sort of money for this motor will already be clear on what they want. Is definitely a nice looking piece.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

mongoose100

Post by mongoose100 » Fri May 31, 2013 12:13 pm

Is this motor still for sale. What comes with it and if the price has changed what is it now.

Pygmy

Post by Pygmy » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:38 pm

no offence but if they were good motors and the right price we would all have one . good luck hope you sell it.
Two speeds... flat out and stop

Return to “For Sale...”