Harley Rigid Chopper [WA]

Sell your choppers and chopper & bike parts, riding gear, memorabilia etc... Just register on this forum to buy and sell... These forums are not to be used by businesses as unpaid advertising. Any such posts will be removed immediately. See website "Services " page for your opportunity to offer your services and products to our readers...

Moderators: Prof, For Sale Moderators

El Skitzo

Harley Rigid Chopper [WA]

Post by El Skitzo » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:41 pm

Well the time has come after 3 years of tinkering with this bike to think about the next project, so she's up for sale.

Custom built Harley Davidson powered rigid Chopper. Very much styled after the Choppers Steg Von Heintz and Indian Larry were building at Pyscho Cycles back in the 1980s.
  • Santee rigid frame
  • 1984 Harley Davidson 1340cc Evo engine
  • 4 speed transmission, kick start only
  • 3" open belt drive primary
  • Wideglide front end with dual disk brakes
  • Hydraulic clutch
  • Braided lines throughout
  • 21" front wheel, 16" polished fat boy rear wheel with new rear tyre, disk and sprocket, new bearings and axles both ends
  • Modified 4.2 gallon Porkster gas tank with screw in Mooneyes spinner gas cap and Pingel petcock
  • One off hand made sissy bar
  • One off hand tooled leather saddle carved and trimmed by Leathroo in Geelong
  • Custom paint featuring scallops on the left, flames on top, entwined flames on the right. Satin metallic black body work with graphics in high gloss metallic pearl, with edges hand pinstriped by Von Kustard
  • Fully licensed as a 1965 Harley so legal without indicators
  • No riding on permits or having to spend thousands more on Engineering and changes to the bike to actually get rego, ride it home now with six months current WA registration.
  • Engine number, chassis number and colours listed on registration paper work match the bike!
  • Can be easily insured, I currently have full comprehensive insurance with Shannons
  • Upcoming full feature article in OzBike magazine
  • Bike is ridden regularly and is an easy and comfortable bike to ride
Asking price is $18,500 but that is negotiable, but selling well below my costs (ingoring labour) so don't waste your time and mine with crazy lowball offers.

May consider trade/swap for 40s to 50s American car.

More pics in the Gumtree advert
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wanneroo ... 1036928611

65 Triumph Chopper (project)

El Skitzo

Re: Harley Rigid Chopper [WA]

Post by El Skitzo » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:06 am

Up for sale again and this time very serious about moving it on, so only asking $16,000 this time around and I am flexible on that which is a bargain! This is a great opportunity for a WA member to get onto a fully licensed rigid Chopper without all the legal hassles and at an entry level price.

Heaps more great pictures in the Gumtree advert
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mindarie ... 1053189426

El Skitzo

Post by El Skitzo » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:31 pm

In response I had to a query this week asking if I'd sell it cheaper minus the gas tank. I understand a lot of people prefer the look of a Sportster gas tank on a rigid Chopper and given this gas tank has a lot of sentimental value to me the answer is yes. I'd instantly drop $1,000 off the price, so we can start at $15,000 and negotiate from there minus the gas tank.

That is more than enough to buy a Sporty gas tank, petcock, mount it, get a wild killer paint job on it and pocket a heap of change.

El Skitzo

Post by El Skitzo » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:35 pm

...SOLD...SOLD...SOLD...

Youngblood

Post by Youngblood » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:06 am

Congratulations, any idea yet what the next project is going to be?
Youngblood

El Skitzo

Post by El Skitzo » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:02 pm

Youngblood wrote:Congratulations, any idea yet what the next project is going to be?
I'm going back to 4 wheels for a while so looking for a 1949-1950 Shoebox Ford

Youngblood

Post by Youngblood » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:14 pm

Cool, I wish I could afford to so something like that. Good luck
8) 8) 8)
Youngblood

Return to “For Sale...”