Yamaha XV1000 Midnight 1982

Sell your choppers and chopper & bike parts, riding gear, memorabilia etc... Just register on this forum to buy and sell... These forums are not to be used by businesses as unpaid advertising. Any such posts will be removed immediately. See website "Services " page for your opportunity to offer your services and products to our readers...

Moderators: Prof, For Sale Moderators

Yamaha XV1000 Midnight 1982

Postby markee » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:07 pm

No photos as in bits at the moment. NOT A VIRAGO
Google this model worth a good price as quite rare.
Mono shock rear & as many pictures on net show can be bobbed, cafed,etc easily without much modification to frame so can go back to standard if with to restore as such later.
Cosmetically rough in places but I'm working on bits at the moment. Don't know history but shows signs of having been pulled down completely at some stage.Was kept at a bike workshop in lieu of payment for work done. Details not known. Speedo shows11000 kms. Looking at valves & piston tops thru plug hole appears fairly clean with no deposits that can be seen. Runs ok. When I got it rear cylinder was a bit stuck due to water ingress but turns over smoothly now.
Wiring for lights needs a bit of work. Will need tyres
I have cleaned carbs, new ex US 4 brush starter motor, complete clutch assembly off a US bike that had done 10000 miles, have fork seals, brake caliper & master cylinder rebuild kits to be put on, unused full engine rebuild gasket kit, new Motobat battery.
I have been working on it & will continue to until roadworthy if not sold before. Selling due to change of plans re next bike build.
Price may seem a bit high compared to some other bikes but is based on scarcity of this model, what I paid & SOME cost of new bits. $1900 negotiable
Best come have a look at Reynella.
Mark 83819426 0409 880 232
markee

Return to For Sale...