Extended cables.

List wanted choppers, bikes, chopper related parts, riding gear, memorabilia etc... Just register on this forum to can buy and sell...

Moderators: Prof, For Sale Moderators

DaveB
Interests: Cars and bikes. Old ones, from when they were made from steel.
The kids are old enough to be a pillion passenger now so it's time to get back onto a bike.

Extended cables.

Post by DaveB » Mon May 11, 2015 11:48 pm

Who has got, or knows where to get a set of 10' extended cables? There are some advertised on Ebay in the US but hoping to get some locally.
I've fitted a set of 12" bars onto my 750 Honda so need a clutch cable as well as the push and pull cables for the throttle.

Cheers.

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Re: Extended cables.

Post by Prof » Tue May 12, 2015 12:39 am

Most bike shops should have bulk cable, inner and outer, plus fittings.

If not, I can supply you with inner and outer cables and fittings. I've never felt the need for the return throttle cable.

You'll need a little gas torch to melt the solder to fix the ends. If I haven't put a post on soldering cables on the Fits'nBits forum, I'll get something up.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

DaveB
Interests: Cars and bikes. Old ones, from when they were made from steel.
The kids are old enough to be a pillion passenger now so it's time to get back onto a bike.

Post by DaveB » Wed May 13, 2015 8:31 pm

Thanks Prof. I did wonder the need for the return cable, the carb springs seem well enough to return to idle. Being able to get rid of one cable would be a good step toward de-cluttering the front of the bike.
I'll take your advise and see what cables I can get locally and make my own, failing that I'll put in an order.

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Thu May 14, 2015 10:01 am

I've ridden Prof's shovel, there is no return spring.!!! 1970's cruise control. :D
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Youngblood

Post by Youngblood » Mon May 18, 2015 7:57 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Youngblood

Return to “Wanted...”