Mega Ride 2010

All Posts relevant to the Mega Ride in here please!!
DZ900

Post by DZ900 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:18 pm

It is I, Donny Mac. I have a Z900.

My family and I would be happy to have our "place" which is over 100 acres, as the venue for the next major ride, or any ride. We are inland from Newcastle and are known as the Hunter Valley. Yes we are very close to the vineyards of Pokolbin. As we are central to some states, this may be more convenient for some riders.
We have a large shed if weather is bad, an undercover BBQ area, microwave, urn for hot water, fridge and other facilities. Accomodation would be camping as we have plenty of space. All welcome, just let us know if and when and we will be prepared.

I had a great time on the Mega Run as my bed was dry so the rain hail and wind did not bother me.
:D
Donny Mac

xsive

options for next ride/muster/rally

Post by xsive » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:29 pm

I am of the same opin as phil donells place is over 100acres mostly bush with over 9klms of tracks that he uses for his mushing. has a beut front paddock of probably 5-10acres mostly mown that he uses to host many many campers on there mushing race weekends .No near neighbours .If his offer is still open theres enough of us in the area to assist setting it up.
IM NOT CRAZY ITS JUST OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF MY NORMALITY THAT DIFFERS

xsive

donys place

Post by xsive » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:32 pm

Fancy that don whilst i was trying to type you posted .Must be wet at your place too.
IM NOT CRAZY ITS JUST OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF MY NORMALITY THAT DIFFERS

XSChop

Watching

Post by XSChop » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:45 pm

And I was watching both of you !!
Bit damp here too but been busy getting the camshaft out of Jessie.

So, if your place is on offer it looks like the go.
But you are restricted in what time of year you are available aren't you so what would suit you. October again or some time in Autumn.

I'm looking forward to it already.
Means I gotta get Li'l Johnny up and running in time ...
It's not about the Bling /:~)>
Well maybe a bit !

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:53 pm

Maybe the first weekend in November on the weekend of 7, 8 for betta weather?

DZ900

Post by DZ900 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:40 pm

Sorry pressed a wrong button somewhere.

I may be competing overseas in 2010 and definitely 2011 in Feb in thw Sled Dog World Championships so about this time would not be good.
(Too hot here anyway.)

DZ900

2010 Ride

Post by DZ900 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:49 pm

Apologies, my last message diappeared.

The best time for us is anywhere from late August to Late April.

Our Sled Dog racing season usually ends mid to late August.
We did not get rain or hail while you were all on the Mega trip.
NOvember get a bit hot here so I thik October would be the best month, but we are flexible.

Let us know what you decide as we are very happy for everyone to end up here. There are a lot of loal attractions to ride to on day rides.

Neo Dutch

Post by Neo Dutch » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:08 pm

Easter is in early April (2nd), and there is school holidays 1-20 April. I'd be keen to the Anzac Day weekend as we could have a dawn service on the site, or do a ride out to Singleton or Cessnock.

Vic riders get Monday off, so that's good for the homeward run.

Southern riders can meet a my place for a quick blat up the M7 to Windsor and then the Putty to Broke and back down the Mitchell Line of Road to Belford.

For Saturday I can organise a look through the Infantry Museum at Singleton then off to Wollombi Tavern for some Doc Triple J.
Don't let your luggage define your travels.

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:59 am

Is there a market or something in October with plenty of people around for the muster, maybe even the local show? Doing the muster would have to influence the date decision so we get plenty of people there.

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:37 pm

CA Mega Ride 2009 has produced some great enthusiasm for members from all states getting together regularly. SA has been running annual musters since CA first started. I think it is important for states to have an annual focal point... plus as a result of 09 MR success, we look at a national get together as well...

Here are a few thoughts...

1. State Musters... my vision for CA has been for each state to have its own annual muster. Muster is a combination ride and chopper display. Chopper display venue is in a public place where there are a lot of passers by. It is our main public relations event.

The muster includes an hour's ride to the venue followed by lunch and judging along the lines mentioned in other places. Our SA musters in future will follow the lines of the other week where we make a weekend of it to make it easier for those coming from a longer distance. The state chopper muster is the one annual event that all state members can aim to be at and is a special opportunity to get to know each other. the trophies are a recognition of the home builders during that year.

Hopefully each state as it gets enough willing and able members will run its own muster along similar lines.

2. Mega Rides... This first one has been a pretty special event and was specifically planned as a LONG GROUP RIDE to a venue, where the focus was on the challenge of a long ride on 30+ year old choppers. It was originally to have involved a lot of roadside camping though due to some great generosity, that did not eventuate. My suggestion is that we keep Mega Rides a special event and redefine them as a long old chopper event that camps along the way in the 70's style. Perhaps a 3-5 year event that is more member driven rather than scheduled.

I know that in 2011 a couple of us from Adelaide are planning to go via Catherine, to Mt Isa and Mackay then down through Broken Hill over 4 weeks to see members. That could be the foundation of another Mega Ride... Also some members from NSW and SA are planning ride across to Perth in 2010 so there is another possibility. Though in saying that, I still think PC's original concept of old choppers camping should be the prime criteria for a Mega Ride.

3. National Muster... I suggest we look at an annual or bienniel event where all state members (and others) can attend. The focus being on getting together. As with rallies, groups of riders from different areas converge on the venue which generally probably wants to be reasonably central. When discussing this briefly this morning, PCsuggested the use of the term rally would not be a good one as it conjures up bands and massive catering... not CA style... it needs to be much simpler and kept family and G as all our events are. CA National Muster could be a suitable name. Whether there is judging of choppers would be one matter to be debated as that is a very time consuming activity.

State Musters and national Muster would need to be kept reasonably apart on the calendar if possible due to participants having to save and also organise holidays etc.

Anyway some thoughts for members to consider.

This post should probably have gone inn the members forum, but as this is where discussion is happening, I'l run it here for the time being...
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Flarris

Muster

Post by Flarris » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:37 pm

Hi Andrew is the term "Chopper Muster" an owned term of The chopper Fed. of Aust. ?. Maybe ChopMeet or something else

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:51 pm

We call it the Choppers Australia National Rally with 3 group coming from North, South & east with others linking up along the way like this year, all interested in choppers welcome?

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:55 pm

Like Horse Race, you cant own that stuff, you only think you can.
I think Chopper Muster sounds a bit old anyway, How about we come up with a new name.
The possibilities are endless.
G rated of course.
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

www.independentparts.com.au

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:03 pm

"Chopper Muster" is too generic. No one can own it. It is not registerable. A certain person who won't be named takes many liberties with reality.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:29 pm

Maybe Choppers Australia Catch Up or Camp Out for the annual run?

Return to “Mega Ride 2009”